jump to last post 1-2 of 2 discussions (5 posts)

Adding links to Facebook, etc

1. Pollyanna Jones profile image98
    Pollyanna Jonesposted 21 months ago

Hello all, I'm rather new to HubPages, so I am still learning the ropes. Like so many others, the Hub scores are a little confusing to me. I see them go up and down all of the time, but I wonder if something I've recently done has caused them to drop? For example, I have an Editor's Choice hub that now has a rating of 63, which is quite alarming for me!

At the end of each article, I have added a short paragraph about where people can go if they want to follow my work. I get a lot of casual readers in through sites such as Facebook who are not members of the HubPages community. So I have included a sentence to say that I can be followed on Twitter, Facebook, and Google +. I've embedded links into each of these so that people can go straight there if they click on the name of one of these social media platforms.

I saw in a discussion elsewhere, that "if you want to read more, click here" type sentences will bring down a Hub score. Is this what is happening to me? Or is it because I edited all of my Hubs over the last couple of days to try to make sure the Amazon capsules met the new rules?

1. relache profile image87
      relacheposted 21 months ago in reply to this

These links are all considered irrelevant to the Hub's content and can get your Hubs moderated for being overly-promotional, and having an identical paragraph on each Hub can be viewed as duplicate content, so chances are that this type of action has actually hurt your Hubs and not helped them.

2. colorfulone profile image87
      colorfuloneposted 21 months ago in reply to this

I see you have some links to sites on your profile page. That should be easy enough for someone to find if they are interested in following you.  But then, I am someone that does check those links on profile pages from time to time. Everyone might not.

Perhaps you could refer people to those links on your profile page, if you feel the need to.

3. Marisa Wright profile image92
      Marisa Wrightposted 21 months ago in reply to this

Those links won't just reduce your score, they can get your Hub unpublished altogether.

The rule is that all links in a Hub must be related to the subject of the Hub.

2. Pollyanna Jones profile image98
    Pollyanna Jonesposted 21 months ago

Thanks all! I'll get those removed then. I did suspect that they were causing problems, but wasn't sure.