Unfortunately i am earning only cents at GoogleAdsense, help me

Jump to Last Post 1-22 of 22 discussions (65 posts)
  1. younghopes profile image69
    younghopesposted 9 years ago

Well, no doubt google adsense is one of the best in terms of earning revenue from hubpages. However, i have only been earning cents at adsense!! That's so bad. I desperately need help from fellow hubbers, what should i do to increase my earnings

1. Millionaire Tips profile image92
      Millionaire Tipsposted 9 years agoin reply to this

Are you in the HP Earnings Program? Or purely on Google Adsense?

From looking at the titles of your hubs, it looks like you rely more on Amazon and EBay, since it looks like a lot of your articles are about buying things.

1. NateB11 profile image88
        NateB11posted 9 years agoin reply to this

I am thinking that a person has to get hundreds of thousands of views a day to make money from Adsense. I'm in the boat too. Generally I've heard it's difficult to make decent money from Adsense though there are a couple Hubbers who say they make good money with it on their own sites. I'm thinking it has to be a very narrowed down subject that offers good click-throughs and conversions.

2. peachpurple profile image81
        peachpurpleposted 9 years agoin reply to this

it took me five years to earn $35, so i am not a pro either. Did you on the ads for your hub?

1. Rymom28 profile image70
          Rymom28posted 9 years agoin reply to this

Well, that answers some questions I had.  A little discouraging, but I'm glad you shared this.

It is very possible to reach the payment threshold for the HP Ad Program within months, if you use keyword research; with 20-30 articles. Without keyword research, could take a couple years, with maybe a hundred articles; but that depends. Content has to be of high quality with specific and detailed information for the reader.

younghopesposted 9 years agoin reply to this

NateB11: Yes you are right, it is easy to reach threshold with HP Program but not just with adsense. I am earning almost nothing at adsense not just at hubpages but at other places too where i write. At hubpages i am able to earn just because of their ad program. So, i just wonder how websites like (as an example) moms-make-money.com are able to earn thousands of dollars from adsense in just a month

Yes, I definitely don't know how to make money with Adsense yet. I think it requires getting a lot of traffic and the readers have to be people who click ads and buy things. The way to figure out how to get that kind of traffic and get those kind of visitors is still keyword research and SEO, I'm sure.

1. Solaras profile image95
                  Solarasposted 7 years agoin reply to this

I think you need high dollar ads to make money on Adsense.  The old Mesothelioma ads at $2500.00 per click will make you money. Articles likely to promote $7.00 items will make you little.  Leanman, who has a high dollar niche - Lean Project Management, said he makes $1000.00 per month in Adsense alone on his personal site.  You need expertise in a high dollar field to make serious smack.

Between my two HP accounts I saw a 50% difference in HP Ad revenue based on topic.  Health related things paid twice as much as doggie related or pet stuff.

NateB11posted 7 years agoin reply to this

That makes sense. I learned at some point that this game has a lot to do with subject matter. Either that or selling products...or both. I've definitely learned you have to be choosy about topics and titles.

3. Mark Johann profile image60
        Mark Johannposted 9 years agoin reply to this

My advice is using HP ad program. It is not a lot but much better to Adsense.

Hello Mark, i am using HP ad progarm only

4. norlawrence profile image71
        norlawrenceposted 7 years agoin reply to this

I wish I knew what to do also.  My adsense account has been sitting at 5.36 for 5 years.  I have 8 cent on Hub Pages but it went away so now I have 0.  I think Hub Pages is a great site but  I am beginning to think it is not for me.  I have been writing for yeas and have always made good money at it.  I think Hub Pages may not be for me.  Wish I could help you out but I am in the same boat and it is sinking.

1. DrMark1961 profile image97
          DrMark1961posted 7 years agoin reply to this

Since your subject matter is not widely searched (I know this since we write on many of the same subjects) you need to have several hundred well-written and ranked articles before you are making a decent income here on HP.
          Also, from your reply I understand you are using an Adsense account only. If that is the case, I suggest you switch immediately to HP earning program. The Adsense advertisement only appears at the end of your hub and you are only paid per click. The HP advertisements appear throughout your hub and you are paid on page views. It is not a lot but if you write a lot more hubs you will earn a decent monthly income.
          Good luck.

1. norlawrence profile image71
            norlawrenceposted 7 years agoin reply to this

Thanks for comment.  I am supposed to be on HP ads also.  At least it says it is active.

2. FatFreddysCat profile image93
      FatFreddysCatposted 9 years ago

Unfortunately I don't have any advice, all I can say is "welcome to the club." I gave up keeping track of my AdSense earnings quite a while ago because glaciers move faster than they do.

1. clivewilliams profile image72
        clivewilliamsposted 9 years agoin reply to this

lol

2. TheChaiiChi profile image60
        TheChaiiChiposted 9 years agoin reply to this

This comment made my day big_smile

3. younghopes profile image69

lolz...its so true...

4. younghopes profile image69

lolz...its so true...

5. robredman profile image45
        robredmanposted 7 years agoin reply to this

How are you doing with your adsense now @FatFreddysCat after 16 months?
        Same level in the club or got promoted?
        Sharing your experience may help to the new member of the club.. smile

1. FatFreddysCat profile image93
          FatFreddysCatposted 7 years agoin reply to this

Meh. Same crap, different month.
          I am due for a payment from the HP Ads Program within the next month or so, though. I am much happier with that program. If I were still running on AdSense only  and still waitin' on them I probably would've said "Eff this" a long time ago.

1. robredman profile image45
            robredmanposted 7 years agoin reply to this

oh.. it seems HP ad program works for some people and google adsense works for some people. Need to test both and pick what works well for ourself.
            if both work for some, they are the fortunate people in here.

1. Marisa Wright profile image86
              Marisa Wrightposted 7 years agoin reply to this

It's impossible to have both earning good income!

If you have the HP Ads Program enabled, then there is only ONE direct Adsense ad on each of your Hubs. That's right at the very bottom of your Hub, where most visitors won't even see it.  So if you are using HP Ads, you'll get very few if any Adsense clicks.

3. younghopes profile image69
      younghopesposted 9 years ago

I am in the HP Earnings Program. Initially i was not writing Amazon themed posts but now i am focussing since i was unable to earn from adsense.

1. Millionaire Tips profile image92
        Millionaire Tipsposted 9 years agoin reply to this

Are you talking about not earning money purely from Adsense or the HP Earnings program?  Because there are very few purely Adsense ads in each hub when you are in the HP Earnings program.

To earn more money, I would recommend writing articles about things that people search for.  What do you know how to do that others want to know how to do?  If you help them solve problems or make things, or teach them something new, you are more likely to have people read the hubs.  The trick is to tell them something that is not already available on the web. I know that is much easier to say than to actually do.

Thanks Millionaire Tips, actually i think almost everything is there on the net. People are realy experts when it comes to keyword search and SEO, which is a lacking point for me.

4. colorfulone profile image78
      colorfuloneposted 9 years ago

I would suggest reading in the Learning Center.
      This is helpful on creating search friendly titles for hubs.
      http://hubpages.com/learningcenter/How- … ndly-Title

Thanks colorfulone, i will surely look upto this link, hope it helps me

5. Joel Diffendarfer profile image87
      Joel Diffendarferposted 9 years ago

Hi there.  I am fairly new.  I reviewed serveral of your articles and found that they were extremely well written and the products you presented as very appropiate.  I gave up on "trying" to make articles "make money"  However, I am always surprised when they do.  Albiet, I make more doing surveys on a daily basis but my passion is writing and posting articles on HubPages is a great way to develop a portfolio.  I personaly will be glad to read, review, vote up, and pass on your articles to people that are most likely to glean from them.  Keep up the good work.  I value the writers that show me "how to do it".  Thanks, Joel.

6. aesta1 profile image92
      aesta1posted 9 years ago

First, let me tell you that I, too, earn cents in Adsense but I can see from your articles that you're up to a stiff competition in these topics you have chosen in your hubs. Unless you make your articles stand out, traffic will be limited and it follows your earnings will be affected. Did your hubs get good sales last Christmas? These are the sort of hubs that would so that will augment your earnings.

7. profile image0
      Amie Saysposted 9 years ago

The key to making money on adsense is keyword research and LOTS of content. People say SEO is dead, but not for adsense. The right keywords for well-paying ads are what will make you the most money. Just be careful not to keyword stuff. I usually only use a keyword a maximum of 3-5 times in the article, and use alternate LSI keywords the rest of the time.

8. psycheskinner profile image83
      psycheskinnerposted 9 years ago

In the current climate I expect earning "cents" (a.k.a. less than a dollar) per day is probably the norm.

9. clivewilliams profile image72
      clivewilliamsposted 9 years ago

Just write a lot of good article with good keywords and then blast them all over the internet. If Google sees yu all over the place they will begin to take notice of you and then engage your hubs. (that's advice coming from a person whose adsense account is quite dormant!)

1. Jake Peralta profile image74
        Jake Peraltaposted 9 years agoin reply to this

Care to explain? I post all my hubs on Facebook and Twitter. Yet I still only earn cents. Had some big-name people like my stuff, though.

10. LeanMan profile image80
      LeanManposted 9 years ago

If you are in the HP ad program then most of your earnings will appear through that rather than actual Google adsense.

You have the option to use either Google adsense alone or use the HP ad program which also features a single Adsense ad in a position that is unlikely to get clicked - so you will earn very little from adsense even if you are earning through the HP ad program.

Personally I use adsense on my personal sites and depending on the subject they earn me anything from 50c a day to $50 a day. So you can make money on adsense if you select the right subject areas and attract enough traffic. You just need to think about what sort of content advertisers will really want to place their adverts on.

1. Mark Johann profile image60
        Mark Johannposted 9 years agoin reply to this

Thanks leanman for this advice. I will remember this.

2. younghopes profile image69

That's pretty awesome LeanMan, i dont want to open a website of my own at the moment so i am concentrating on revenue sharing sites like hubpages, wizzley. seekyt- but everywhere in terms of adsense the story is the same. So i was just wondering if its just me alone.

11. Good Guy profile image84
      Good Guyposted 9 years ago

Hi Shadaan,

Assuming you are in the Hp Ad program.  Then the next step is to write hubs especially with titles that people would search in the search site, ie Google, Yahoo, Bing, etc.  It's easy to say about SEO and that kind of stuff.  I am not savvy in this area, but I always try to give titles that are "search friendly", and I always repeat the title at least once in my first paragraph.   Of course quantity will also help, but that we are talking about at least 1000!  So as a practical compromise, you need to write hubs that are popularly searched, and you need to increase the number of hubs too.

Good Luck.

Thanks Good Guy for this advice, perhaps i need to write more of hubs, but it really saddens me when even 100 hubs are giving me just a few cents. Perhaps need 1000 hubs to make a dollar..!!!!

I am bad at keyword search and perhaps that's the reason why such low money

1. Good Guy profile image84
          Good Guyposted 9 years agoin reply to this

Hi Shadaan,
          Perhaps I was a bit lucky.  My first few hubs are still the real income earners.  The later hubs do not attract that much traffic.  I really don't know why.  Just the same, never give up Shadaan.  Keep on writing and I am sure you will hit the jackpot.

12. janetwrites profile image80
      janetwritesposted 9 years ago

Hi Shadaan, I  stopped writing on revenue sharing sites because the time to make money with these sites is over. Even the top Bloggers or Internet Marketers don't make that much with Google Adsense anymore. So many revenue sharing sites have closed down because it's not profitable anymore. You really need a lot of traffic to earn a decent amount but it is very hard to reach that. It's because of all these Google algorithm changes.

I'm still writing but now I'm writing eBooks, especially Kindle books, which has become more popular at the moment. Maybe this is something for you as well. Once you have a good amount of books and people find  and purchase your books, you can make a nice passive income. I'm not at that stage yet because I have started only recently. What is good about it is that you get a fixed amount per book while with Google Adsense you don't know what you may earn.

I have read a lot about people recently who are doing well selling eBooks.

Wish you good luck and success!

Hi Janet,
        Writing ebooks and selling them are new to me.  Would you recommend a site where I can learn the ropes?
        Thanks.

1. janetwrites profile image80
          janetwritesposted 9 years agoin reply to this

Hi Good Guy,

I can recommend a site to you but I can't post the link here because we are not allowed to do that.

I will send you a private message.

I didn't know that we can't post link.  Thanks Janet.

We are not allowed to post advertising and promotional posts.

2. janetwrites profile image80

I sent you a message on Facebook.

I would be interested in writing ebooks but have no clue as to where to start.

2. Uzochukwu Mike profile image78
          Uzochukwu Mikeposted 9 years agoin reply to this

Good Guy, I started just last year when I discovered about it. Just type "amazon kindle self publish" on google search engine and you will be taken to the site. There is also "Amazom create space".

Thanks Mike.  I shall surf through your reference sites.

I will also look into this. Hope it works out

1. Alphapx profile image60
              Alphapxposted 9 years agoin reply to this

I learned this one years ago but difficult to start with. Any help on how to make a very best selling e-book?

3. nicenet profile image70
          nicenetposted 7 years agoin reply to this

Try Fastpencil and Pronouns

Hi Janet, i was really wondering where you are these days. Good to know about ebooks, so how is it all going and yet again the same questions- are you doing a keyword search for the ebook topics? How do you plan to promote them

Hi Shadaan,
          I chose to publish children's books since this is a niche which isn't oversaturated yet when it comes to digital books. With so many children using tablets and smartphones parents start to switch to digital books since you can get them much cheaper than traditionally published books and sometimes even for free. Yes, I do keyword search. Amazon, the place where I publish my ebooks, offers free promotion tools but apart from that I use social media and submit my ebooks to ebook promoting websites. You can also create book trailers (similar to movie trailers) on Youtube to promote your ebooks. Well, I'm still at the beginning so I can't tell you exactly if I will be doing well. Apart from that I have also begun to create educational materials, digital illustrations and clip arts. I'm focusing more on my creative side.

At the end of last year I became seriously sick. I had early stage cancer. Fortunately, they could remove everything after two surgeries and I neither needed chemo nor radiation but I'm starting an alternative therapy soon to avoid a recurrence. During that time where I knew about my sickness I have started to draw and create clip arts. It helped me to deal with my condition. So now I'm focusing on creating ebooks and illustrating.

What about you? How are you doing?

13. Uzochukwu Mike profile image78
      Uzochukwu Mikeposted 9 years ago

Earning good cash from adsense is not an easy task. You must have high clicks to make it from there and it takes years. Please pay more attention on Hubpages ad program.

14. Alphapx profile image60
      Alphapxposted 9 years ago

This is normal but eventually you will have more.

15. MichaelMcNabb profile image60
      MichaelMcNabbposted 9 years ago

People are not making a lot of money from Adsense.

16. Jake Peralta profile image74
      Jake Peraltaposted 9 years ago

I'm signing-up for the eBay program. Maybe that might work.

17. lisavanvorst profile image63
      lisavanvorstposted 9 years ago

I only make a few cents a month and have been on this site for more than a year. I have not even made the $50 mark to see any money. I accepted that I will not make money this way, I just do it for the enjoyment of writing and reading other hubs. You are not alone with your frustration with hubpages, many other hubbers have voiced the same dissatisfaction with this site.

18. Robert Sacchi profile image85
      Robert Sacchiposted 9 years ago

You have many hubs and followers.  About how many hits are you getting?  It seems to average about 1 cent per 4 hits with me.  Is that what you are getting?

19. Atcelle profile image60
      Atcelleposted 7 years ago

Try increasing the volume and activeness of your works.

20. Atcelle profile image60
      Atcelleposted 7 years ago

Try increasing the Volumes and Activeness of your Works smile

21. ShepherdDon profile image76
      ShepherdDonposted 7 years ago

It appears that I'm accumulating earnings at about the rate of 1 cent per 2 hits.

I've tried to read through some things about the earnings programs and it has left me nothing but confused.

If I'm putzing along at a normal rate (with 61 Hubs) then I guess I'm happy.  If I'm missing something that I should be taking advantage of them I'm not happy with myself.

Any thoughts, anyone?

22. FatFreddysCat profile image93
      FatFreddysCatposted 7 years ago

Today was my bi-monthly (or so) day to check my AdSense totals... and yep, still a looooooong way from that magic hundred dolla' for a payout.

(shrugs) Screw Google. The HP Ads Program is where it's at for me.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
    Necessary
    HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
    LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
    Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
    AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
    HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
    HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
    Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
    CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
    Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
    Features
    Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
    Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
    Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
    Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
    Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
    VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
    PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
    Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
    MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
    Marketing
    Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
    Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
    Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
    Statistics
    Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
    ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
    Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
    ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)