jump to last post 1-2 of 2 discussions (6 posts)

Is there a limit on Amazon capsules in your hub?

1. Amie Says profile image81
    Amie Saysposted 21 months ago

I just noticed that I have four in one hub, and wondered if that is going to get me flagged. Since we can't do over one product per capsule, it makes it difficult to make a list of books to recommend.

1. Matthew Meyer profile image79
      Matthew Meyerposted 21 months ago in reply to this

We have limits in place to catch the most egregious spammy content.
      Keep in mind, just because a bot doesn't warn you, doesn't mean that you should cram as many products in a Hub as you can as such Hubs are likely to have problems with the QAP and could have spammy elements as well.
      http://blog.hubpages.com/2015/01/07/an- … -capsules/
      The reality is that Hubs with few, highly-related products, do better than those with many products (readers click them more often).

Before you add any products to a Hub you should ask the following.
      1. Is this product directly related to the content of this Hub?
      2. Is this product provided to help a reader?

Amie Saysposted 21 months ago in reply to this

That's how I feel too. I hate spammy blogs, in fact, Adblock Plus is my favorite add-on, because I hate hitting a site with tons of ads. I'll try a site once, and if it has those horrible popup script ads that won't let you read until you click something on them, I put that site on a block list. I'll probably only have 2-3 ads on my posts, and I'll try to space them out and make them unobtrusive.

2. peachpurple profile image79
      peachpurpleposted 21 months ago in reply to this

two or three amazon capsules with 100 words each capsule

2. lovebuglena profile image91
    lovebuglenaposted 21 months ago

you can have one product per 100 words of text so go based on that.

Amie Saysposted 21 months ago in reply to this

Thanks! Now I remember reading that. Still, 10 product ads seems a bit much for an article of 1,000 words, doesn't it? I'll see what it looks like with all the other ads before I make up my mind.