jump to last post 1-2 of 2 discussions (6 posts)

Is there a limit on Amazon capsules in your hub?

1. Amie Says profile image80
    Amie Saysposted 2 years ago

I just noticed that I have four in one hub, and wondered if that is going to get me flagged. Since we can't do over one product per capsule, it makes it difficult to make a list of books to recommend.

1. Matthew Meyer profile image75
      Matthew Meyerposted 2 years ago in reply to this

We have limits in place to catch the most egregious spammy content.
      Keep in mind, just because a bot doesn't warn you, doesn't mean that you should cram as many products in a Hub as you can as such Hubs are likely to have problems with the QAP and could have spammy elements as well.
      http://hubpages.com/faq/#Spammy-Elements
      http://blog.hubpages.com/2015/01/07/an- … -capsules/
      The reality is that Hubs with few, highly-related products, do better than those with many products (readers click them more often).

Before you add any products to a Hub you should ask the following.
      1. Is this product directly related to the content of this Hub?
      2. Is this product provided to help a reader?

Amie Saysposted 2 years ago in reply to this

That's how I feel too. I hate spammy blogs, in fact, Adblock Plus is my favorite add-on, because I hate hitting a site with tons of ads. I'll try a site once, and if it has those horrible popup script ads that won't let you read until you click something on them, I put that site on a block list. I'll probably only have 2-3 ads on my posts, and I'll try to space them out and make them unobtrusive.

2. peachpurple profile image76
      peachpurpleposted 2 years ago in reply to this

two or three amazon capsules with 100 words each capsule

2. lovebuglena profile image91
    lovebuglenaposted 2 years ago

you can have one product per 100 words of text so go based on that.

Amie Saysposted 2 years ago in reply to this

Thanks! Now I remember reading that. Still, 10 product ads seems a bit much for an article of 1,000 words, doesn't it? I'll see what it looks like with all the other ads before I make up my mind.

working