Why add URL to Image?

1. Nimblepins profile image84
    Nimblepinsposted 21 months ago

I started always adding the url to images which I had asked (and received) permission to use from sites where I also included an in-text link to. I'm wondering if this is too promotional. It just seemed the right thing to do, but is it necessary? Also, if I have written (e-mailed) permission to use the image, if the Hub Staff look at my site and follow the link, they won't see that I have written permission - how does this work?
    Thank you.

1. Christy Kirwan profile image
      Christy Kirwanposted 20 months ago in reply to this

Hi Nimblepins,

Links in your image source section are subjected to the same rules as links elsewhere on the Hub (no more than two links to the same domain, except for a few whitelisted domains like Wikimedia Commons, Flickr, etc), but leaving a note about the ownership with a link to the owner's site is a polite thing to do.

Also, the way Staff will know that you have permission to use the photos is if you include it in your image source, which should look something like this:

1. Nimblepins profile image84
        Nimblepinsposted 20 months ago in reply to this

I have been wondering about that phrase. Yes, I thought it was the right thing to do. Thanks for the reply!