jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (7 posts)

Should I expand this hub or just add stories?

1. Pico Triano profile image85
    Pico Trianoposted 23 months ago

I wrote this hub some time ago. It recounts some humorous call centre tales. The link is this: http://picotriano.hubpages.com/hub/Conv … er-Service . I have more where that came from. One story is already written on my writing practice blog. I would delete it there if I elected to either add it to the existing hub or to make a new hub with additional stories. I have another story right off the top of my head as well. Should I keep expanding this hub or make a sequel so to speak?

1. Marcy Goodfleisch profile image92
      Marcy Goodfleischposted 23 months ago in reply to this

Pico - this is a hilarious hub!  I think it's a fun topic - you surely could expand it with more anecdotes, but it's not too short or anything.  I wish it would get more views (there aren't many comments, and it's such a fun hub!).

Do you think you would lose views if you create a 'son of' hub (a sequel)?  One thing I wondered is whether some changes in formatting might juice it up a bit (put a few photos to the far right), and if you could add related videos, if you can find some on YouTube.  I also wondered if the title or subheads could be given more SEO visibility - I hope someone really experienced in that drops by and makes suggestions.  Maybe your subheads could use terms like "Funny" and include the term "Call Center" more often.  The writing is great, the topic is fun, and I know people would enjoy it. 

Best of luck - and thanks for the laughs - I needed them tonight!

Pico Trianoposted 23 months ago in reply to this

Thanks for the input. I may revisit some of the formatting. I'm leaning toward a  sequel type post. I can't see it hurting views especially since hubpages themselves will relate the two. I have three other stories off the top of my head.

2. RonElFran profile image96
    RonElFranposted 23 months ago

Pico, I'd vote for a separate hub. In fact, if you have more stories, you could do a series, and publish them a few months apart. I think readers would want to come back for more.

That's the way I'm leaning. I've got three more and I'm sure talking with friends will bring others to mind.

3. DzyMsLizzy profile image91
    DzyMsLizzyposted 23 months ago

This was a hilarious read!

You could well make a series out of these experiences!  A great solution for when writer's block may strike, and you're stuck for something to write about.  Just fall back into your trove of funny stories.

Cheers!

At least a sequel. I don't know if I have enough material for a series. Then again I just need someone to say something to jog my memory about some funny situation.

working