jump to last post 1-2 of 2 discussions (9 posts)

Spammy?

1. Doug Stranahan profile image82
    Doug Stranahanposted 23 months ago

I can not determine what I am able to link in an article that will take my reader to location on my site that provides the detail they may want to review. 
    Please advise.

1. Writer Fox profile image80
      Writer Foxposted 23 months ago in reply to this

If you are writing Hubs solely to link to your personal website where the thorough information is found, the links will not be allowed.

A Hub should completely cover the subject of its title.

2. Marcy Goodfleisch profile image92
      Marcy Goodfleischposted 23 months ago in reply to this

WF is correct, Doug - hubs that require people to click a link to get the real information are not permitted. Perhaps you can make your hub more robust (if you've not passed QAP) and provide solid information, and then add the link if there are some related details they can obtain at the other site?

3. peachpurple profile image79
      peachpurpleposted 23 months ago in reply to this

yes, try writing the hub related to your topic, the external link as related information, not send the readers to read your blog.

2. Doug Stranahan profile image82
    Doug Stranahanposted 23 months ago

Thank You.  That helps.  My intent is provide solid content. If I were reading the article I think I would want to learn more about a specific product and the way to do that would be to open the link to the location on the site that provides that detail.  Just want to work within the rules of the road.

1. TIMETRAVELER2 profile image94
      TIMETRAVELER2posted 23 months ago in reply to this

Yes, but you cannot link people to your own site to get that information.  If you want to do this, you can say something like," there is a good article about this at...", and let people get enrichment info there.  Just make sure you have more info in your hub than the one to which you want people to link.

1. Marisa Wright profile image93
        Marisa Wrightposted 23 months ago in reply to this

Yes you can, it's perfectly acceptable IF your site is on the same topic as the Hub.  I do it all the time.   You're right about how to do it, though.

1. TIMETRAVELER2 profile image94
          TIMETRAVELER2posted 23 months ago in reply to this

Then why is this writer having a problem?  Is it just that his referral wordage is incorrect?

1. SmartAndFun profile image91
            SmartAndFunposted 23 months ago in reply to this

If you'll read the OP, he doesn't state that he is having a problem. He just wants to know what HP policy will or won't allow him to do in his hubs regarding linking.

working