jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (11 posts)

I'd like feedback on my Hub: fifty shades, the perfect valentine

1. 61
    greg loudonposted 23 months ago

Hi Hubbers,

I'd like some help with passing the Quality Assessment Process. Will you please give feedback on my Hub fifty shades, the perfect valentine (must be signed in to view). What can I do to improve? Thanks!

1. Writer Fox profile image81
      Writer Foxposted 23 months ago in reply to this

Greg, your Hub is only 100 words.  You need 700 – 1,500 words to adequately cover a subject.  Plus, you do not understand how to use capitalization in the English language. 

This is how to write a Hub which passes QAP:
      http://hubpages.com/learningcenter/Elem … tellar-Hub

1. 61
        greg loudonposted 23 months ago in reply to this

Thanks for the response.  I actually do know how to use capitalization and will use it in the future for all Hub submissions.  But I didn't realize that the Hubs all needed to adequately cover a subject.  I assumed, perhaps incorrectly, that some witty or interesting observations on current events could suffice as a hub but if adequately covering subjects is a prerequisite I guess I'll have to keep those posts for other sites.  Thank you Writer Fox.

2. peachpurple profile image77
        peachpurpleposted 23 months ago in reply to this

your hub is way too short, you need at least 700 words, please put in the credit photo, who it belongs to and you should write it as your review, break into sub headlines, add in more pictures and polls.

2. Marcy Goodfleisch profile image92
      Marcy Goodfleischposted 23 months ago in reply to this

Writer Fox has given you good advice here.  Check the hubs in similar categories to get ideas of the type of content needed to pass QAP.

Good luck!

3. Marisa Wright profile image93
      Marisa Wrightposted 23 months ago in reply to this

As SmartAnd Fun says, HubPages is not a blogging site:  it's a place to write magazine-quality articles.   

Your short, topical Hubs may get attention from other Hubbers in the short term but in the long run, they're not likely to get much traffic and will then become unFeatured ( which basically means invisible).

2. colorfulone profile image87
    colorfuloneposted 23 months ago

I'm not sure it is even allowed on HubPages because of the graphic language used.

1. 61

Which colorful language are you referring to, the word sex?

1. 61

Thank you for replying also.

3. SmartAndFun profile image91
    SmartAndFunposted 23 months ago

Advice I've seen given in the past is to think of a hub as a magazine article rather than a blog post.

1. 61

I will indeed.  thank you.

working