Search Engine's can't find my Hub

Jump to Last Post 1-4 of 4 discussions (22 posts)
  1. michaelkitz profile image69
    michaelkitzposted 9 years ago

how come my hub does not appear on any search engine no matter how specific the search is?

1. Matthew Meyer profile image71
      Matthew Meyerposted 9 years agoin reply to this

You have 2 Hubs.
      Both of those Hubs are currently pending evaluation by the QAP
      Pending Hubs are not available to be indexed nor are they readable by anyone other than you. Once Hubs have passed the QAP and are featured, then they are index-able by search engines and readable.
      http://hubpages.com/faq/#Featured

2. zinfoway-murali profile image60
      zinfoway-muraliposted 9 years agoin reply to this

Mine is also under assessment.

2. michaelkitz profile image69
    michaelkitzposted 9 years ago

Thank-you

3. Famous Steve profile image64
    Famous Steveposted 9 years ago

Rather than creating a new thread, I'd post my question here.

I have a featured hub that I cannot find on here or on google search.

How can I change that?

1. NateB11 profile image87
      NateB11posted 9 years agoin reply to this

If it's featured it should be on your HP profile. If it's new, it won't be indexed on Google yet. It could take a few months to get indexed on Google. More or less.

1. Famous Steve profile image64
        Famous Steveposted 9 years agoin reply to this

Nice, thanks for responding.

I also cannot find it when I search on HB

I'm not sure about that, but I think it takes time to get indexed on the site's internal search engine too.

Thanks again.

Just curious, if its not on Google and not on HB search page or thread, just how are people supposed to find the hub?

1. csmiravite-blogs profile image73
              csmiravite-blogsposted 9 years agoin reply to this

You just wait awhile and it will be there.  smile

2. SpaceShanty profile image94
              SpaceShantyposted 9 years agoin reply to this

As NateB11 said, it can take days, weeks or even months for pages to be indexed by Google.  I think HP said they were going to start using Google for their internal search too so it might not be instant.

You have to remember there are millions, maybe billions of webpages and, as much as we would like Google to show ours first as soon as we hit publish, that is highly unlikely!

In my experience a page will get indexed within hours or days but will probably sit on page 1000 of Google for some time!

You can either wait for the big G to show you some love or self promote!

I see you have a Pinterest account, it is an excellent source of instant traffic, make some more boards related to the topic of your Hubs, pin loads of stuff from Pinterest, follow other related boards and follow the followers of these related boards.   Do this for an hour a day for a week and you should have a few hundred followers.  Then post a pic from one of your Hubs and you should start getting some traffic, Google might see the social shares and give your Hubs a bit of a boost!

1. Solaras profile image93
                Solarasposted 9 years agoin reply to this

Be careful to pin other peoples stuff too. If you just self promote, they will penalize you and your pins will no longer link to your articles. They won't tell you about it, you'll just be banned with your board still there but links inactive.

Google+ is another way to quickly get you hubs indexed and a few views. Stumbleupon will send you some views too.

3. NateB11 profile image87

I'm not sure why, but it does move up in search results. I don't know if the search engine just does that before anyone even sees it or what. But that's how it usually works; within a few months it will climb up towards the first page; it might end up on the first page or dwell on page 10 or 5 or whatever. Much depends on whether the particular topic is in demand and competition isn't very good, I do know that.

Thanks All. My is still non existent in HB search, I'd wait some more maybe it'd eventually pop up in the search even if its way down the pages.

Space, thanks for that pinterest idea.

SpaceShanty is correct about a hub showing up in search results within a few days, I went and checked some Hubs I recently published on another account and some are already on the search results pages.

One way to check what pages on your HP profile are indexed is to type -- site:[your HP profile url] into google search. But make sure you don't put a space between the colon and the url.

So, it would be site:famoussteve.hubpages.com

In fact, I just did a search for your profile that way and it shows your article indexed.

Awesome! One hub is on HB search now. Appreciate the help.

2. csmiravite-blogs profile image73
                    csmiravite-blogsposted 9 years agoin reply to this

Oh, thanks! I need to do this on my own blog sites, and delete those not found in Google's horizon.

2. Matthew Meyer profile image71
                  Matthew Meyerposted 9 years agoin reply to this

Only featured Hubs are listed in site search results.
                  You can find more information here.
                  http://hubpages.com/forum/post/2721047

2. lobobrandon profile image88
          lobobrandonposted 9 years agoin reply to this

When you search hub pages only hubs indexed on google will show because HP just recently changed to a custom google internal search. So if it's not indexed, it won't show. If your account is new give it like a week or two to get indexed. Use webmaster tools and submit the link maybe.

4. Maffew James profile image94
    Maffew Jamesposted 9 years ago

You'll notice that the more often Google crawls a website, and the more internal links it has to follow around individual pages, the quicker it will be indexed. Initially, it can take a long time for Google to actually find your site, let alone decide to index it. Being on HubPages as opposed to your own website helps with this as HubPages is already crawled constantly by Google and links from all over the site help direct search engines to your content.

Eventually if you build up traffic and the amount of articles that are indexed in Google, you'll notice that new articles are indexed anywhere from a few hours to a few days after publishing (As long as they are featured - non-featured articles here are marked noindex).

In the meantime, share on social media. This gains views, as well as helps direct the Google spider to your content. It will also help build links as you need people to view the article in order to decide to link to it. Links and social shares, as well as many other factors increase ranking. The better your ranking signals compared to a competitor for a specific keyword, the more likely you are to rank ahead of the competing site.

Some tools you may want to use:

Google Analytics
    Use this to track the source of all views. It gives you the best idea of where your traffic is coming from. The HubPages stats can be used for this, but Analytics is vastly superior. Use HubPages stats as an at-glance update to how you're doing. Use Analytics to analyse your readership, determine their source, look at demographics and trends, etc.

Webmaster Tools
    Webmaster Tools is Google's tool for tracking how the search engine uses your subdomain here. You can look at crawl rates to see how often Google crawls your pages, search queries to get a better idea of what keywords are bringing in views and where you rank for those terms, which pages are indexed, and whether there are problems with your pages. Eg, manual penalties, broken links, and other technical information.

You can also use the fetch as Google tool to see how Google's spider sees your articles, as well as to submit them for re-crawling and possibly faster indexing if necessary. The disavow tool allows you to tell Google to disregard spam links to your subdomain that may hurt ranking.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)