jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (11 posts)

Does the filters consider/count the words in the comments?

1. GrimRascal profile image59
    GrimRascalposted 2 years ago

I mean, I'm aware that there's a limit in using explicit/obscene words throughout a hub. But, if someone comments with a sentence/paragraph containing those explicit/obscene words (and let's say it reached the maximum usage of that word in the hub), will the hub be bumped by the filters?

1. Matthew Meyer profile image78
      Matthew Meyerposted 2 years ago in reply to this

Hubs can be moderated for content in the comments.
      For that reason, you may want to set the comments such that they appear only after you approve them. This can also make sure the rare SPAM comment doesn't show up on your Hub as well.

GrimRascalposted 2 years ago in reply to this

Thanks. Now it's all clear to me.

But what if the comment was really good and high-quality, but it was inevitable to place the word (say it was a main part of the topic). Would it count? It'd be a shame to not allow such insightful comment just because the word triggered maximum count on the filter.

1. Matthew Meyer profile image78
          Matthew Meyerposted 2 years ago in reply to this

Comments do not count toward the Hub total words.
          >>It'd be a shame to not allow such insightful comment just because the word triggered maximum count on the filter.
          There is no maximum number of words for a Hub.

2. colorfulone profile image89
    colorfuloneposted 2 years ago

That's a good question. I'm not sure, but I do not think the hub filters count the words on comments. It would surprise if they do.

3. LindaSmith1 profile image60
    LindaSmith1posted 2 years ago

You don't want that kind of wording in your comments, or you hub that will be unpublished for.

4. Uzochukwu Mike profile image60
    Uzochukwu Mikeposted 2 years ago

The use of such sensitive words in the comment section is also taken care by the filter.

You will feel the effect when you want to edit, and the alert says "ads have been disabled".

GrimRascalposted 2 years ago in reply to this

Thank you. That answered my question. Kinda scary to know ads may be disabled because of the comments.big_smile

1. Uzochukwu Mike profile image60
        Uzochukwu Mikeposted 2 years ago in reply to this

You are welcome Grim, we keep writing and publishing.

5. mary615 profile image93
    mary615posted 2 years ago

I think I would delete this type of comment even though it was a good comment otherwise.  Better to be safe than sorry.

6. tlcs profile image80
    tlcsposted 2 years ago

I agree with Mary615.

working