jump to last post 1-2 of 2 discussions (6 posts)

Editor's Choice

1. CatherineGiordano profile image88
    CatherineGiordanoposted 2 years ago

I wondering if "editors choice" can be retroactive--perhaps go back for at least a year. I have had HOTD's, posts to HP facebook and twitter pages, none of which were EC.  Interestingly, the two hubs of mine that were designated EC were not featured in any other way. Now that  EC is "stamped" on hub titles on a hubber's profile page, it would be nice if these previously honored hubs were stamped also.  Had the new policy been in place back then, the hubs would have earned this stamp when they were selected for HOTD, facebook, or twitter since the new policy states that only hubs with this designation are eligible for the other recognitions. What are your thoughts on this?

1. calculus-geometry profile image85
      calculus-geometryposted 2 years ago in reply to this

Hubs of the Day are marked in their own way, currently.

I'm not entirely sure what you mean by making EC apply retroactively.  It already does, since any hub you've written can become EC, whether the hub was written two days ago or two years ago.

edit: do you mean making past HOTDs into ECs even if they aren't currently?

CatherineGiordanoposted 2 years ago in reply to this

Yes, I mean making HOTD into ECs and any hubs featured on the HP facebook and twitter pages also.. Is that a good idea?

I know any hub can become EC tomorrow no matter how long ago it was written.

1. RachaelOhalloran profile image93
          RachaelOhalloranposted 2 years ago in reply to this

And removed tomorrow, no matter how wonderful it was when they picked it for EC.  I've had one removed from EC on the other account.  The only edits it had was removing broken links. Otherwise, no changes for the whole time it was EC, then one day the EC emblem was removed. Go figure. 

I opted out of EC on the other account, Will remain EC on this account for another few weeks to see if anything changes with the new HP plans.

2. LindaSmith1 profile image61
    LindaSmith1posted 2 years ago
      CatherineGiordanoposted 2 years ago in reply to this

Thanks for the link Linda.  It explained a number of things for me

working