jump to last post 1-2 of 2 discussions (4 posts)

Question About Editing and Updating a Hub

1. JulieJohnson3 profile image76
    JulieJohnson3posted 23 months ago

I know it's good to go in and edit or update Hubs occasionally to keep them fresh and maybe help to bump them in search, but what edits or updates would you guys suggest? I have one Hub, but I'm not sure what exactly I should do to it to freshen it up a bit. I could keep adding to it, but I personally don't like extremely long Hubs/articles, and I'm not even sure what I would add to it. It's still getting traffic, so should I just leave it alone for now? How often do you make updates and what do you do? TIA

1. Millionaire Tips profile image87
      Millionaire Tipsposted 23 months ago in reply to this

I personally would not make edits just for the sake of making an edit, unless I had a really good reason.

Also, making an edit does not mean you have to make it longer.  You could make sure it is current, and check it for grammar, spelling and clarity.  You could also make sure that you include words in it that help Google identify what the article is about. You could change out an image to something that is more modern or attractive.

I would recommend that you spend your time writing more hubs instead of continually editing this one.  Give the one you have time to gain traction and traffic.

1. Millionaire Tips profile image87
        Millionaire Tipsposted 23 months ago in reply to this

I would recommend that you change the summary to stop saying No no! so many times and to include the word hair removal tool so people can tell what it is from the beginning.

2. JulieJohnson3 profile image76
    JulieJohnson3posted 23 months ago

It gets quite a bit of traffic from people searching specifically for the No No. They already know it's a hair removal tool. I'm not sure I'm going to write more Hubs. I would like to keep getting search traffic on this one, though. I think I will just let it sit for awhile. If I notice search traffic dropping off considerably, I'll do something to it and ping. Thanks.

working