jump to last post 1-2 of 2 discussions (6 posts)

Question on Editor's Choice and URLs

1. Marcy Goodfleisch profile image93
    Marcy Goodfleischposted 2 years ago

I think Editor's Choice hubs change our URLs in some manner.  When the program was first started, I was required to be in it, due to being in the Apprenticeship Program. 

So - my question is - had the original URL I may have had been retained in some manner in Google?  Or am I starting out from scratch as though they are new URLs?  I opted out of EC but some URLs are not reflecting that choice. Not sure what to do. I have several dozen hubs labeled that way. I have no idea what iterations the URL would have gone through to become EC and now to remove that designation.

If anyone knows how opting out after a few years will affect my content, please let me know?

1. bravewarrior profile image92
      bravewarriorposted 2 years ago in reply to this

I'm not sure if this answers your question, Marcy but I notice the hubber's name is eliminated from the URL when they become editor's choice. Try Googling yourself and see if your EC hubs come up.

Marcy Goodfleischposted 2 years ago in reply to this

Good idea, Bravewarrior - I believe that's how they were styled.  My main question is what it will do to my hubs being indexed if I shift out of EC and to my regular HP name & url.  I'm wondering if Google has to find me all over again.

*sigh*

2. Marisa Wright profile image93
      Marisa Wrightposted 2 years ago in reply to this

Your old URL never disappeared, traffic from it was 301 redirected to the new one.

Marcy Goodfleischposted 2 years ago in reply to this

Thanks, Marisa - that is helpful to know - I'm experimenting with how things work in one system vs the other.  Remains to be seen.

2. rebekahELLE profile image92
    rebekahELLEposted 2 years ago

I'm sure Paul has answered this recently in the forums. I don't recall the thread, but it was addressed. If I find it, I'll post it. I think the biggest issue is with those who already have a redirect if their EC hub was published pre- subdomains and want to opt out.

Marcy, if you scan this thread for Paul's comments, you'll see that he does address your concerns.
    http://hubpages.com/forum/topic/128299 
    He makes various comments throughout the thread.

working