jump to last post 1-8 of 8 discussions (17 posts)

Traffic uptick recently?

1. Glen Kowalski profile image91
    Glen Kowalskiposted 2 years ago

I haven't been as active writing here as I probably should but I wanted to give the site some time and see how my hubs do.  Generally they haven't done much, with ~3400 view in 5 months across 17 active hubs.  However in the last month I have seen a (relatively) large jump in views- 849 in the last 30 days.  Most of these views are in my fishing hubs which I really didn't expect to see much improvement in until late March/early April at the earliest.

So is hubpages as a whole getting more views?  Maybe a little more love from google?  Guess it is time to start writing some more hubs-fishing season is close smile

1. Writer Fox profile image76
      Writer Foxposted 2 years ago in reply to this

Good for you!  No, HubPages overall is not experiencing an increase in traffic lately.  In your case, sometimes it does take a few months for Google to find your articles here.  I hope your traffic increases continue. (Your Hubs are great!)

2. Rik Ravado profile image91
    Rik Ravadoposted 2 years ago

Yes my views have increased recently too smile

3. paradigm search profile image61
    paradigm searchposted 2 years ago

Views seem about the same for me, but I've noticed a significant drop in CPM the last few days. I think the advertisers ran out of money early this month. My observations are based on comparisons of same day-of-week versus previous weeks.

1. janshares profile image88
      jansharesposted 2 years ago in reply to this

I saw a drop, then a nice spurt in CPMs over the last few days.

1. paradigm search profile image61
        paradigm searchposted 2 years ago in reply to this

What!?! Now I'm feeling paranoid!

4. Brie Hoffman profile image79
    Brie Hoffmanposted 2 years ago

Mine have gone up about 50% in the past couple of days..nice to see and upward trend for a change.

Everybody, but me. I'm feeling neglected.

1. incomeguru profile image91
        incomeguruposted 2 years ago in reply to this

sorry paradigm search. cool

Hope springs eternal. Meanwhile, my search for new hub ideas continues...

Hub idea: avatars - I think you know a lot about them and how they change with one's mood, state of mind, image they want to convey, etc. Take it before someone else does.

Thanks! Just did!

smile I see a winner.

5. KarenHC profile image85
    KarenHCposted 2 years ago

My traffic has gone up a little too -- it's still very low overall, but better than it has been for awhile.

6. Richard-Bivins profile image86
    Richard-Bivinsposted 2 years ago

My traffic is up 300% from last month... It's not an anomaly though, 80% of that comes from a hub that went viral in it's niche.

7. janshares profile image88
    jansharesposted 2 years ago

I've seen a small spurt here and there but overall, nothing significant. But it is better than it was a month ago, but no where near where it had been steady for a long time. sad

8. aesta1 profile image91
    aesta1posted 2 years ago

Maybe, it is the topic. You mentioned it is your hub on fishing. I was just in Florida and the snowbirds are lined on the beach each with their fishing rods. Anyway, congrats for having an uptick in your traffic.

working