jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (6 posts)

Not Featured - Quality? (Empty Circle Icon)

1. DIYmommy profile image77
    DIYmommyposted 20 months ago

Is there a place where I can post a specific article of mine, in hopes of receiving feedback regarding why I can't get my article to pass the quality assurance process?

Currently, I have one article, with a score of 80, but I can't seem to figure out what to do to make it enough quality to be featured.

(It currently has the empty circle icon attached to it, on the far right -- the feature column -- of the statistics page.)

I've spent quite a bit of time review various resources on HubPages--articles written by both writers here, as well as staff, and I can't seem to figure out what to do to pass the quality assurance process.

Almost my entire collection of articles has been featured, however, this one has me scratching my head...

Thank you,

2. psycheskinner profile image82
    psycheskinnerposted 20 months ago
  3. cherylvance profile image84
    cherylvanceposted 20 months ago

Hi DIYmommy,
    I know what you mean.  It took me over a month to get a quality acceptance rating.  But as I studied it more and more...There was a section that just didn't fit.  Read it as through your seeing it for the first time.  It should jump out at you. Trust me something is wrong or missing. Good luck on finding it but...Don't give up.

4. Tigrest profile image90
    Tigrestposted 20 months ago

I have had so far only one article not being accepted due to duplicate content. When i changed it (a lot!) it still didn't pass and the reason was exactly like yours - quality issues. Not sure why it didn't pass, i have some other similar articles and they all went through in the first check. To pass quality check i recommend using at least Ms Word as spell checker. It works for me. Also make sure to use pictures and other elements. Good luck!

5. Uzochukwu Mike profile image62
    Uzochukwu Mikeposted 20 months ago

I had similar experience when I wanted to publish a hub which later featured.

It is either because the article has been written overly on the web or due to the word count (it might be up to a thousand but more required).

You can add additional words of up to 200 and see what the result will be like.

6. Jan Saints profile image76
    Jan Saintsposted 20 months ago

Poor quality hubs are associated with:

One long text capsule.
    Excessive promotion.
         Keyword repeated many times.
         More than 2 Amazon & eBay capsules.
    Illegal links, including affiliates.
    Wrong title.
    Less than 700 words.
    Many spelling and grammar mistakes.

Read more from the learning center.