jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (8 posts)

What amount of min-max average monthly searches help get traffic

1. younghopes profile image83
    younghopesposted 20 months ago

Perhaps i have not been able to put a proper question, but i think i am just lacking the right words to make you understand. In order to get traffic, we need to do keyword search on keyword planner, however i just wanted to know that what amount of "exact" average monthly searches is considered to be good enough to help you get good traffic. At one place i read it should be between 100-1000 and at other place i read it should be 1000-5000 average monthly search?

Any idea please with regard to searching keywords.

1. Barbara Kay profile image85
      Barbara Kayposted 20 months ago in reply to this

I think how much competition you'll be up against is even more important than how many searches it gets. I've read both numbers myself. If it only gets 100 a month, no matter how you rank with Google you'll never get much traffic. 1000 visits a month isn't even that good. At this point I'd go for the higher number.

younghopesposted 20 months ago in reply to this

Actually i read this number in a book by Erica who is earning a living online esp selling at Amazon. In her book, she says we should search keywords with  100-1000 searches and write on that.

2. psycheskinner profile image84
    psycheskinnerposted 20 months ago

I would suggest starting by think of a unique expertise or insight you have and searching for keywords guided by that goal.  It is easier for most people to find  niche semantically (what am I good at that not many people are good at) than statistically (what is the magic keyword).

3. Uzochukwu Mike profile image61
    Uzochukwu Mikeposted 20 months ago

I think that 1000-5000 is much more better. As for the person that wrote 100 to 1000, it is because his or her target is to sell products. If you write to be paid by advitisers, then choose those ones with higher search results.

But there are those which get higher results when you write from heart without considering searching with Google keyword planer. I have a hub that receives above 220 views per day but when the title is searched through Google Keyword planer, it shows no result.

Yes that girl sells amazon products on her niche websites and is making a living out of it. I am just thinking of searching keywords with low competition for my hubs which can rank well.

4. Millionaire Tips profile image89
    Millionaire Tipsposted 20 months ago

I am horrible at keyword research, mostly because I don't have much practice. 

From what I remember from the apprenticeship program, you want a topic that a lot of people are searching for, but not a lot of people are writing about. If it is a rare topic, no one will read it.  If it is a common topic, too many other people will also be writing about it, or will soon.   I read think that you want a number from 1,000 to 10,000 a month.

There was a Learning Center entry about keyword search.  I thought it was this one, but I'm not sure if there isn't another one too that goes into more detail:

http://hubpages.com/learningcenter/How- … ndly-Title

Thanks, will certainly look at this link. I am also too bad at keywords and that's why i always fail in getting good traffic