jump to last post 1-11 of 11 discussions (13 posts)

Haha Kontera shorted me $35 and change

1. Whitney05 profile image68
    Whitney05posted 7 years ago

Wow, I'm glad I've taken everything off.

I wish I could see my monthly/quarterly earnings, like the dollar amount when I made payout because the last dollar amount that reached payout was $35 and change higher than what I actually received.

A message was definitely sent to Kontera about it, but the last message I sent them went unanswered. I have little hope that they'll look into it.

2. darkside profile image85
    darksideposted 7 years ago

Could the $35 be from a new payment period?

3. Whitney05 profile image68

The last payment I received showed on my reports page; I remember because I double checked that it was right. So, when I did the same for this payment, I saw the difference. I haven't seen this payment on my reports, but it only shows current and last, which is why I'd like to be able to see all, like Google and Amazon has a payment history page.

I thought that it was the difference at first, but it looks like the reports are recent for a new quarter. The extra $35 that I'm calculating is from last quarter's total, where I double checked the payment with Kontera reports the last time when my payment and earned $ equaled.

Plus, it was under $100, which struck me as odd since they're payout is $100 and over. I received $92 and change.

4. SweetiePie profile image83
    SweetiePieposted 7 years ago

I earn about 120% more with Google Adsense than Kontera.  I do not even check it that often, but apparently I earn so little with it that what I do earn is wiped out after a certain amount of time.  I just decided to turn it off for good.

1. darkside profile image85
      darksideposted 7 years ago in reply to this

Yeah, if you earn under $5 for that month it appears that they feel that you haven't worked hard enough and they take your money.

5. Whitney05 profile image68

I have turned mine off. I had been planning to for a while, but keep forgeting and then waiting to reach payout when i get so close. It's finally off.

6. Mark Knowles profile image59
    Mark Knowlesposted 7 years ago

Turned it off at $102 smile

1. earnestshub profile image87
      earnestshubposted 7 years ago in reply to this

I turned it off and turned amazon off too. I think the extra space is better used for AdSense.

7. 0
    SirDentposted 7 years ago

I turned mine off a long time ago. Turned it back on for a few days and turned it off again. It looks really bad when their calculations say that 3+4=6.

8. Stacie Naczelnik profile image88
    Stacie Naczelnikposted 7 years ago

Who still has it on?

I do. I keep meaning to turn it off once I meet the $100 mark, but keep forgetting to check on it.

9. Inspirepub profile image87
    Inspirepubposted 7 years ago

I still have it on, waiting to hit $100, but last time I looked it seemed that I had LESS money, three months after I had $70 and change, I had just $66 and change.

I have saved the report page in a document, and will check back in  a couple of weeks to see what's going on.

If it looks like they are deliberately reducing my total earnings to keep me from reaching $100, I will write off the $66 and turn it off.

I haven't heard any word from the HubPages team about the problems we are all having with Kontera - are they going into bat for us, or are they shrugging, pocketing their share, and hanging us out to dry?

10. Whitney05 profile image68

I still haven't heard from Kontera...

11. gamergirl profile image60
    gamergirlposted 7 years ago

I turned Kontera off almost immediately after the first string of people talking about having problems with weird math and diminishing revenue.

Kind of sad that all that work went into adding another way to earn money and yet a lot of the top Hubbers aren't using it because of it being so faulty.