jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (11 posts)

How can we be more active here?

1. sunilkunnoth2012 profile image74
    sunilkunnoth2012posted 20 months ago

I am here for the last three years.  The HP community was so helpful and active till recently. But as of now I understand that our members are  not active as they were till a couple of months ago. I also notice some active hubbers are not writing anything at all.  The activity page of some good hubbers column remain blank.  The Question/Answer forum too seem to have lost its charm.  Any migration from here?  Does it have any connection with merger of Squidoo? Why such a slow going here?  How can we give a rejuvenating therapy to all hubbers.  How can we regain our past glory?  Traffic, earnings,  everything are dropping and  may be that must be a reason for writers' 'slow motion'.  Let's discuss it seriously.

1. NateB11 profile image91
      NateB11posted 20 months ago in reply to this

I'd say writing more high quality articles would help because it will make the whole site's quality better. Then it will thrive in terms of traffic and money, giving everyone incentive for being more active.

2. The Examiner-1 profile image83
      The Examiner-1posted 20 months ago in reply to this

Recently I have seen many more challenges than I used to see popping up and I thought that a lot of the writers were accepting these challenges because I have been reading them.

3. csmiravite-blogs profile image86
      csmiravite-blogsposted 20 months ago in reply to this

Cyberspace have changed this last few years. Writers are doing other things---creating their own web sites, doing freelance work, and dabbling on other earning opportunities, whether online or offline. However, HP is still one those highly respectable portals that any writer would want  to be identified with. Hence, we may not see much of them (writers) around, but they're still here.

2. aesta1 profile image86
    aesta1posted 20 months ago

I think that the Internet world is changing and we are all trying to adjust to the new reality. We can't look back to the past and hope it will be the same today. It will  not be. Because,of poor traffic and dropping earnings, many no longer bother to write more and some may have moved to having their own sites as they see there is no longer any advantage for them here in HP. So, we need to help improve traffic and earnings will follow. Where we can help is promote articles that re worthwhile and improving our own hubs so they get better results from the search engine. There is stiffer competition now but it can be done. I hope to see in the Forum more helpful posts on how to improve traffic and quality of hubs from hubbers who have the competence in these areas.

3. Uzochukwu Mike profile image61
    Uzochukwu Mikeposted 20 months ago

I think the site management should offer more incentives to writers.

They can come up with some competitions like the best writer from each country maybe once in three months with cash prize of $100.

4. Venkatachari M profile image84
    Venkatachari Mposted 20 months ago

I do not see any kind of less activity here. It may be true that some have shifted their focus to their own websites or to other places. But there is continuous activity here. There are many new hubs created daily and much discussions are still going on forums or at question/answers. But if you are worrying about traffic to your hubs or income, then it is a real problem to be worried. I think this is due to many factors like increased number of hubs due to squidoo transfers and changing attitudes of writers and readers and too much of content available. I myself am also worried of not getting traffic but enjoy my full participation here, reading rich content and interacting with fellow hubbers.

1. Uzochukwu Mike profile image61
      Uzochukwu Mikeposted 20 months ago in reply to this

Venkatachari M, you made your point but those that have been here years back believe there is drop in the activities.

1. Venkatachari M profile image84
        Venkatachari Mposted 20 months ago in reply to this

You may be right. I acknowledge the drop in activities. But, there are some other encouraging developments also as the pointed out by The Examiner I as above that many writers are responding to challenges by other hubbers and actively participating in them without getting discouraged by the drops.

2. sunilkunnoth2012 profile image74
        sunilkunnoth2012posted 19 months ago in reply to this

Sure, that's why I put this post here.