jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (5 posts)

Writers block - The "Bio" section of the profile......

1. AVailuu profile image89
    AVailuuposted 20 months ago

I am having a really hard time writing a quality "bio" for my profile. I don't know what kind of information to include, I don't know how in depth it should be, and it feels uncomfortable.

This is what I'm displaying now:

" Currently, I am in my last academic quarter  of a two year college program for an Associates of Science degree in Surgical Technology. I believe that knowledge and understanding are invaluable treasures, so my goals here are to share my insight, and learn cool stuff from other hubbers!"

Is this too simple? Are there quality standards for stuff like this?

I know this is silly, but please help! smile

2. PegCole17 profile image89
    PegCole17posted 20 months ago

You are certainly ambitious and energetic. This is a great capture of your current path.
    You may find additional inspiration by reading the bio of a few people here and selecting the things you like from them to incorporate in your own profile.

1. AVailuu profile image89
      AVailuuposted 20 months ago in reply to this

Thank you for your feedback! Reading other bios is a great idea. I'll give it a try smile

3. Millionaire Tips profile image90
    Millionaire Tipsposted 20 months ago

I wouldn't spend too much time and effort on the bio.  Sure, you want it to present you in the way you want to be presented, but not a lot of people read it, since most people come to your hubs by way of search engines and not by way of your profile.  It is mostly read by other Hubbers.

4. RTalloni profile image89
    RTalloniposted 20 months ago

Your bio reads well!  The tip on reading other bios is really helpful, as long as you keep yours unique to you.  smile  Remember that you don't have to hesitate in updating it periodically.  Looking forward to checking out your hubs.