jump to last post 1-7 of 7 discussions (10 posts)

Wow, I need a lot of help here

1. 0
    Whikatposted 7 years ago

Please someone have a heart and tell me where I went wrong. I can take criticism as well as the next guy.http://hubpages.com/hub/How-To-Lose-Weight-By-Eating-More This is the worst score I have ever received and I just posted this morning. Please let me know the improvements that I can make so my scores go up and not down.
    Thanks I appreciate the advice.

1. James Wikman profile image79
      James Wikmanposted 7 years ago in reply to this

I'm brand new here so take what I say with a grain of salt!  I wonder if the hubpage robot tracks spammy keywords like "weight loss" and then penalizes the hub...  I'm not saying your hub is spam but this niche tends to attract a lot of negative nellys...  Again, I could be completely wrong on this.

Maybe it's just a matter of adding another paragraph or two to the hub.  Good Luck!

2. 0
    Whikatposted 7 years ago

Thank you James, for responding and your honest evaluation. I tried to make the hub informative by doing my research, but maybe that wasn't enough. I'll let it go a couple days and see what happens. I can always start a new site with it. It is a shame if that is what happened, because I did my research on the diets.
    Thank you again for being so kind to respond.

1. goldentoad profile image60
      goldentoadposted 7 years ago in reply to this

If you just posted it takes a few days to rise, but don't worry about the scores, I have plenty of low scores for what I think are my best hubs

3. Dame Scribe profile image60
    Dame Scribeposted 7 years ago

Hey WhiKat smile my recent article, eye candy has a low score too. It may just take a few days for it to rise so give it more time. It's been recommended to let your writing sit a few days to get scored before publishing so maybe try that too. smile your writing is great.

4. 0
    Whikatposted 7 years ago

Thank you for the support Goldentoad and Dame Scribe, what is so upsetting is that when I posted it this morning I was at 50 now it is down to 44. I would not have minded if it was just an opinion article, but I did scientific research and checked out all my sources before doing this hub. I guess facts and honesty is not always the best policy. I will ignore it for a couple of days and next time, I will sit on it for a couple of days. Thank you both for the suggestions and tips.

1. goldentoad profile image60
      goldentoadposted 7 years ago in reply to this

all the hubs do that when they start out and I don't know why. Only time will tell.

5. 0
    Whikatposted 7 years ago

Thanks Goldentoad for the encouragement, I love you for the support and appreciate it when I am feeling kicked in the yahoo.smile

6. Rochelle Frank profile image88
    Rochelle Frankposted 7 years ago

I wouldn't worry about that too much, Your overall score is very good (I think over 90 is great) but even that will vary from time to time.
    Speaking of time-- that's often when it takes. hang in there, I think you are off to a great start.

7. 0
    Whikatposted 7 years ago

Thank you Rochelle, coming from an experienced writer like yourself, your compliments are encouraging, I will tough it out. The people on HP really have become like family to me. Thanks so much for the kind words.