jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (9 posts)

New Source for Millions of Public Domain Images

1. Richard-Bivins profile image88
    Richard-Bivinsposted 20 months ago

I just came across This Post that discusses a new database on Flickr where you can search over 2.5 million public domain images from books and other publications dating to 500 years old.

Of course you can go right to Flickr but the above linked article shows exactly how to navigate the database... which is super easy after the first try.

1. Shades-of-truth profile image86
      Shades-of-truthposted 20 months ago in reply to this

Very interesting, Richard. New sources for public domain photos are always helpful. Thank you!

2. Paul Maplesden profile image90
      Paul Maplesdenposted 20 months ago in reply to this

This is excellent - thanks for sharing.

If you want to search Flickr in general for Creative Commons images (i.e. free to re-use with attribution), I have found the best method to be via the CC search engine, here: http://search.creativecommons.org/

3. Christy Kirwan profile image
      Christy Kirwanposted 20 months ago in reply to this

Wow, this is incredibly cool. Thanks for taking the time to share!

2. Marcy Goodfleisch profile image94
    Marcy Goodfleischposted 20 months ago

Thanks for sharing!!!

3. snakeslane profile image82
    snakeslaneposted 20 months ago

Thanks for the link!

4. Millionaire Tips profile image89
    Millionaire Tipsposted 20 months ago

This is an interesting source for images. I thought it would be helpful to genealogy as well.  However, when I put in some names, I got some very recent images (someone who died in 2013), so you do have to be careful with what you get.

5. lawdoctorlee profile image83
    lawdoctorleeposted 20 months ago

Thank you so much for sharing this link.  Images in the public domain have great importance.

6. Stacie L profile image88
    Stacie Lposted 20 months ago

That's good information...it's always helpful to find a new source for images.Thanks for the link. wink