I'm still pretty new to HubPages and wanted to firstly introduce myself, so hi, I'm Lee.
Finally I wanted to ask if any of you have any advice for someone starting out on HubPages and if you have any suggestions on how I could improve my hubs and other content here.
I hope to hear from you soon,
Hi Lee I don't have much time at the mo to look at your hubs, just wanted to say hello to a fellow Essex person
Lee, a warm welcome to the community. In terms of creating good content:
- Write what you know
- Try to go in-depth on your hubs; present a slightly different approach for your readers, something they may not have read elsewhere
- Put yourselves in the position of your readers; if you were in their place would you find the content interesting
- Remember that good content tends to be one or more of: Informative, Educational, Entertaining or Inspirational
- Edit and proofread your content
- When you are creating a hub, look at the word count, image and other guides in the top right hand corner. Try to make all of those boxes green; that's a pretty good indication on the basics of your hub
- Read through the learning center on HubPages - It's a very good resource on most of the things you need to know and is very in-depth: http://hubpages.com/learningcenter/contents
- If you have questions, check the HubPages FAQ: http://hubpages.com/faq/
- If you still have questions, ask them here and we'll answer
- Have fun - View HP first as a place to share your ideas and the things you care about, rather than a way to make money
- Have patience; it takes time to build an audience and get search traffic
I think that's it, although I am sure that my fellow hubbers will have more to add.
Thank you for getting back to me Paul, All you've said in your post will be noted for future reference, I really appreciate it.
I've come to HP to write, because I love writing, I wanted to gain some online experience for writing articles in the hope to help me to progress into a career at a later date.
That's a great overview of the basics for us newbies. Thanks for posting in so much detail. I am amazed at the amount of help that can be gleaned from reading this forum. People seem to be very generous with their advice here.
Welcome Lee. I will definitely visit and look at your hubs. It's a bit late at my own part of the world now so will be visiting tomorrow.
Welcome to Hub Pages, Lee. Paul gave you some excellent advice, and the Hub Pages community is always willing to help if you run into any problems.
by Cagsil5 years ago
Hey Hubbers,This has not been done for a while, so I am doing all over again.If you're a newbie, meaning you've been here under 6 months, then post a HI or Hello and get yourself noticed. Don't post any links.If you're...
by I Told Beyonce5 months ago
Can i publish my posts from other blogs on hubpages?
by hassam8 years ago
How should I improve the rankings of my hubs that have slipped down in google rankings?......can any one help?
by Liz Elias2 years ago
Would any of you suggest 'reporting' an obvious newbie who has obviously not read anything of the rules and protocols here, whose profile includes no bio and indicates having joined but 2 hours prior, and whose...
by 20gsxr057 years ago
This is a forum that let the hub owner know what we think of there website.Please give them good content to read
by Disillusioned7 years ago
Think of this.People say, content is the king in Hubs (or anywhere where you write articles and aim to get Adsense revenue).If I write a good article containing rich info on the subject, people will read it, get the...
Copyright © 2017 HubPages Inc. and respective owners.
Other product and company names shown may be trademarks of their respective owners.
HubPages® is a registered Service Mark of HubPages, Inc.
HubPages and Hubbers (authors) may earn revenue on this page based on affiliate relationships and advertisements with partners including Amazon, Google, and others.