jump to last post 1-2 of 2 discussions (6 posts)

Need advice regarding Amazon problem

1. TIMETRAVELER2 profile image93
    TIMETRAVELER2posted 23 months ago

Some of you know that I recently published an Ebook on Amazon.com.  Today my first royalty check, small as it is, arrived.  I was very happy to see it until I realized that Amazon did not pay me for one of the books that was sold.  I tried to contact them, but of course the Kindle department is not open on weekends.  The girl I spoke with said she would "message" Amazon Office Central for me, so we'll see what happens.  Has anybody else had a problem like this with Amazon? 

I only sold 3 books and two of them were purchased at the same time by a friend of mine.  She had a problem with the account afterwards, etc...I called, she called, and thought the issue was settled.  However, I think that even though all three books appear on my royalty reports, that second book somehow got lost in the mix.

Any advice will be appreciated.  Thanks.

1. galleryofgrace profile image81
      galleryofgraceposted 23 months ago in reply to this

Could that 3rd sale have been to a foreign country? Those payments are sent separate. Also it may have been refunded or it was KOLL.

1. TIMETRAVELER2 profile image93
        TIMETRAVELER2posted 23 months ago in reply to this

None of those.  I know the person who purchased two of the books, and I know she had a problem with Amazon, but I also know she paid for both books because the payment appears on her credit card.    It's a mess, and I undoubtedly will lose the royalty from the one book.  Amazon has been very difficult to deal with about this...but it is what it is.

2. Skyy4344 profile image78
      Skyy4344posted 23 months ago in reply to this

I have a book on there also my experience when issues have come up is emailing them and they usual respond within 24hr. Congratulations on your book

3. galleryofgrace profile image81
      galleryofgraceposted 23 months ago in reply to this

Were all three books purchased in the same (month)30 day period?

2. Millionaire Tips profile image88
    Millionaire Tipsposted 23 months ago

If the department is not open on the weekends, it seems like you will have to wait until Monday.  This is not an emergency that would call someone in on a weekend.

working