jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (9 posts)

I would like a feedback on my hub - Tips Before Going to the Gym

1. ciutysmant profile image77
    ciutysmantposted 20 months ago

Hello everyone,

I am new to Hubpages, registered just a couple of days ago, but I have already made two hubs. One of them, namely Tips Before Going to the Gym was not featured because of quality, so I would love you to check this and criticize it. Thank you!

P.S. English is not my mother tongue, so there might be grammar or punctuation mistakes. Nevertheless, I hope to improve it. One of them main reasons I registered here is that I want to improve
    my English writing skills.
    Here is the hub:
    http://ciutysmant.hubpages.com/hub/Work … or-Newbies

1. RonElFran profile image97
      RonElFranposted 20 months ago in reply to this

Hi, ciutysmant. Welcome to HP. Here are my reactions to reading your hub.

First, you've done a good job with your English. There were a few word choices that didn't quite match what I think you were trying to say, but overall I don't think you have a problem there.

Here's the issue I had while reading: I found myself wondering, why should I believe this guy knows what he's talking about? Is this really authoritative information, or is it just the personal opinions of some gym rat? I probably wouldn't pay a lot of attention to your advice without seeing some indication of what authority it's based on. Do you have some credentials in this area? If so, that needs to be stated. If not, then authoritative sources ought to be cited.

This was my personal reaction, and I have no idea if it has anything to do with why the hub is not featured. In any case, I think that for this type of hub, establishing some sort of authority for the advice you give is important.

2. ciutysmant profile image77

Hi, RonElFran.

Thank you for your reply! Would it be OK if I put my personal pictures with my sport results? Does that make sense?

Futhermore, I have one more question. Can I get traffic to my hub despite the fact that it is not featured? Thank you.

1. Millionaire Tips profile image88
      Millionaire Tipsposted 20 months ago in reply to this

Yes, adding your own images is a good idea.  I have a feeling that the picture you did use is not legally used.

No, your hub will not get a lot of traffic if it is not featured.  Your friends and other Hubbers can see it, but the search engines won't be sending traffic to it.

ciutysmantposted 20 months ago in reply to this

Talking about images, how can I legally use them? I put the source for the picture I used, I guess that is not enough, is it? Thanks.

1. wilderness profile image95
          wildernessposted 20 months ago in reply to this

Get specific permission to use them.  The vast majority of pictures on the web are owned by someone, and copyrighted as a result - it is illegal to use them without permission.

There is a section in the learning center on proper use of images:

ciutysmantposted 20 months ago in reply to this

Thank you. I found one website which states "Free high quality images you can use anywhere", it is pixabay.com. Does it mean that I can use images published in this website in my hubs without any problems? Thanks.

1. evelynsaenz1 profile image83
              evelynsaenz1posted 20 months ago in reply to this

Yes, You can use images from Pixabay. Be sure to include a link to the page they came from. Put the title. Then write the name of the person who took the picture with a CC or PD to make it known that the image was used under Creative Commons or Public Domain.

3. ciutysmant profile image77

Thank you. But what if I do not know the person who took the picture? But it says that "License: CC0 Public Domain" and "Free for commercial use". Sorry for possibly stupid questions, just want to make sure I am not doing something illegal.