jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (8 posts)

Introducing Myself

1. profile image0
    Shovon Joarderposted 2 years ago

Hi,

I've joined Hubpages few days back (Feb 28, 2015) with some hope. So, you all understand that, I'm a complete newbie here and want to introduce myself.

My name is Shovon Joarder, and I'm from Bangladesh. I've some passion for writing since my early age and use to write for some local magazines in Bengali language.

But, as there is a vast opportunity in online writing, I recently started writing here. The problem for me is all the right platform over online is in English language and the large audience too. So, I've to go a long way for learning. smile

I expect and need your advice and help to improve my writing quality.

Thanks to everyone in the community.

1. Christy Kirwan profile image
      Christy Kirwanposted 2 years ago in reply to this

Hi Shovon,

Welcome to HubPages! It is still possible to be successful here with English as a second language, and many of our writers are in a similar position. My best advice to you is to have an English-fluent friend proofread your articles for grammar and word use issues before publishing. Take care and best of luck! smile

1. profile image0
        Shovon Joarderposted 2 years ago in reply to this

Hi Chirsty,

Many thanks for such warm welcome and advice.

I use a online software tool namely www.grammarly.com for grammar checking. But, in my country English-fluent-friend is rare for proof-read. So, I've to do that thing by myself. I'm trying hard to improve and in that area I need help from experienced one like you.

Thanks again and best of luck. smile

2. ladyguitarpicker profile image84
      ladyguitarpickerposted 2 years ago in reply to this

Hi, I just wanted to welcome you to Hubpages, and wish you the best of luck on your work. I have not been here very long, but I can tell you there are some very good writers and people on this site.  Stella

2. profile image0
    Laurie Viposted 2 years ago

Welcome! I am new as well. Hopefully, you will like it here

1. ladyguitarpicker profile image84
      ladyguitarpickerposted 2 years ago in reply to this

Welcome to you and I know you will enjoy the articles on this site. Stella

3. Shades-of-truth profile image85
    Shades-of-truthposted 2 years ago

Welcome to HP, Shovon, and I wish you all of the best!

4. profile image0
    Jill Mooreposted 2 years ago

Welcome to HubPages.

I'm new here too and enjoying looking around.

working