jump to last post 1-2 of 2 discussions (4 posts)

I'd like feedback on my Hub: Woodchucks Under the Porch

1. evelynsaenz1 profile image81
    evelynsaenz1posted 19 months ago

Hi Hubbers,

I'd like some help with passing the Quality Assessment Process. Will you please give feedback on my Hub Woodchucks Under the Porch. What can I do to improve? Thanks!

1. PegCole17 profile image91
      PegCole17posted 19 months ago in reply to this

Hi Evelyn
      It's a difficult transition to a much different sort of article writing here. A couple of things came to mind as I read your hub, "Woodchucks Under the Porch". From the title, I expected to read a tale about some critters who had invaded your crawl space. Instead, I found a mixture of activities for children, some poetry, children's stories, tongue twisters and products for kids. Is this hub a guide for teaching kids or is it geared toward a younger audience? I wasn't sure. You might try changing the title to something like "Teaching Kids About Nature" or to something that people would be looking for to find this information.

If I were to suggest changes, it would be to put the comments at the end of the hub and make them full width. Otherwise, it results in white space in the hub. Two comments capsules are not the usual format here so I would stick with one.

Is your hub not being featured for quality or for engagement? That will make a difference in the response you get from your request for help.

All the best to you here at HubPages.

1. Virginia Allain profile image64
        Virginia Allainposted 19 months ago in reply to this

I agree that a title with the word Learn or Teach in it would be good.

Also agree with Shade-of-truth about moving up the one capsule and moving the story one further down the page.

The duel capsule is fine. Don't mess with it.

Your pages have always been informative and educational, so I would think with better alignment of hub title with hub content and you will be fine.

2. Shades-of-truth profile image86
    Shades-of-truthposted 19 months ago

I came to HP from Squidoo, and think some of the more experienced Hubbers might offer more complete advice - but - I do think it would be better to move the capsule that says "Woodchucks Live Under Our Porch" up, so that it is right under your first capsule. The capsule that reads "The Adventures of Johnny Chuck" should be down much farther in your hub, with the reading material information. That early in the hub, one does not even understand why you are reading to anyone after a recess. Do you teach school?

My interest was piqued by the title, but reading about the adventures of Johnny Chuck right after the introductory capsule, seemed to be incongruous with the title. It does fit farther down the page, though.

Love all of the photos!