jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (7 posts)

Profile Visits

1. lbrummer profile image93
    lbrummerposted 20 months ago

I was just wondering if there is a way to see how many visits that we get to our HubPages author page.  I know that weekly we get a message from HubPages that tells us the number of visits that we have gotten, but is there a place that we can see the daily visits?

1. Marisa Wright profile image91
      Marisa Wrightposted 19 months ago in reply to this

It's probably not worth fretting too much about how many people visit your profile, because very few people will!

Ninety per cent of HubPages visitors come direct to an individual Hub from one of the search engines.  That means they've arrived because they're searching for something specific - the answer to a problem or question, or instructions on how to do something.   

Logically, then, if that Hub doesn't answer their question, they'll go on looking for answers:  which means they will either go back to Google OR click on other Hubs on the same subject.   They're not likely to be so impressed by your writing that they'll abandon their purpose and go check out your profile! 

So, most of the visitors to your profile will be othre Hubbers, which is a very small proportion of your readership.

2. Uzochukwu Mike profile image60
    Uzochukwu Mikeposted 20 months ago

For author page, I think it is only through the Hubpages weekly message. But report on daily visit to our subdomain can be viewed through our stat on "my account" and through Google Analytics.

3. NateB11 profile image93
    NateB11posted 20 months ago

In Google Analytics, go to your HP profile, see Behavior in the left side bar; click on Site Content; drop down gives you choice of Landing Pages, click on that; among the landing pages shown, one should be a backslash (/) which is your subdomain/profile at HP. If you click on the backslash, you can just look at traffic to your HP profile and you can adjust the date in the upper right too, to see how many visits your profile gets over a certain amount of time.

1. lbrummer profile image93
      lbrummerposted 20 months ago in reply to this

Thank you, NateB11.  That is exactly what I was looking for.  I so appreciated your step by step directions.  It looks like I'll have to spend some time on Google Analytics to get comfortable with reading the information.  Do you have any suggestions on specific items I should be checking?  Once again, thanks a million!

1. NateB11 profile image93
        NateB11posted 20 months ago in reply to this

No problem.

I usually start with the Audience Overview, which is the screen you first get when you go to your subdomain's profile, just to get an idea of how traffic is doing. I might change the dates; for instance to see today's traffic specifically--which means you have to put in March 5 to March 5.

Then I click on Acquisition in the left side bar, and then click All Traffic, then click Source/Medium. This will give you info on where your traffic is coming from. Above the stats about your traffic (but below the bar graph) there is a line that reads "Primary Dimension". To the right of that is Other; click on that and choose Landing Page to see specifically what pages people are visiting. Also if you click on Keyword, you can see what keyword was used in the search engine to get to your pages.

Also under Acquisition is Social; click on that; then click on Network Referrals; this will show you where you've been shared on Social Media like Facebook, Pinterest, etc. Also Data Hub Activity will show you specifically who shared your articles and where; but this is only for certain social networks like G Plus.

Next, I usually go to Behavior (on left side bar) and click on Site Content and then All Pages; This gives good detail on what pages are getting traffic and how much time people are spending on each page.

I occasionally use Real Time which is high up on the left side bar; it does give info on traffic and keywords.

There might be more, but that's  kind of off the top of my head.

1. NateB11 profile image93
          NateB11posted 19 months ago in reply to this

Correction: I wrote bar graph in parentheses in the third paragraph; it's not actually a bar graph on the screen I was referring to, it's a line graph.