jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (10 posts)

Suggestion: Recent Images - Is It Needed?

1. Suzanne Day profile image97
    Suzanne Dayposted 19 months ago

Regarding the "Recent Images" which shows on our profiles in the right sidebar - is it a feature that is needed? The font looks different to the other fonts in the list and I think the real estate could be used better.

Often when I make hubs, some of my most recent photos might be the last, dorkiest photos in my hubs, and this looks awful from time to time. People may click on the photos, but there is no link which takes them to the hub the photo came from - at the very least, maybe a prominent link to the hub should be added within the lightbox?

However, I don't have access to the stats for this - are people surfing them or not?

If not, maybe having some other pictorial element on the page in that space might work better for us.

You could always personalise the page more by having "Photos of (Authorname here)" and let us put 3 shots of ourselves at home or writing or travelling or whatever. Or even make it into a "Recent Followers" feature.

It would be nice to have the Recent Images either linked to hubs or made into something else more useful....

1. Jodah profile image85
      Jodahposted 19 months ago in reply to this

I have been thinking the same thing Suzanne. I really think the space could be used better. If we have more than one image in our latest published hub the images are all from it and I don't really see the point.

2. peachpurple profile image78
      peachpurpleposted 19 months ago in reply to this

i haven't post any new hub yet. Are you referring to the main profile page? I don't see any recent images on mine.

1. Jodah profile image85
        Jodahposted 19 months ago in reply to this

I just checked your main profile page peachpurple....you have three new images shown right beneath fan mail.

2. The Examiner-1 profile image83
    The Examiner-1posted 19 months ago

Did anyone ever click on them? I did. First it shows the photos in the recent Hub but if you keep going it shows more photos from your other Hubs also.

1. Millionaire Tips profile image90
      Millionaire Tipsposted 19 months ago in reply to this

I click on them when someone asks for help for a recent hub and doesn't provide a link.

I agree though that the space could be better used.  Some of these recent pictures may have been deleted and may not be the best ones to feature on my profile page.  Certainly, there are better, more representative images that could be used.

3. C L Mitchell profile image88
    C L Mitchellposted 19 months ago

I agree that the space could be better used. Something that improves the overall aesthetics of the profile.
    I like your idea Suzanne Day of being able to personalise it.

4. Sue Adams profile image93
    Sue Adamsposted 19 months ago

Thank you for bringing this up, Suzanne. I have been thinking the same thing.

When clicking on each of the 3 images, every single one shows the first image only (why have 3 thumbnails if only one of image can be viewed?). OK, there is a blue link to my most recent hub at the top of that image. But you know how we make sure the first image on a hub is the best one to visually identify a hub? Well, that first image does not show in "Recent Images". Instead, it shows an unattractive informative image like this one:

instead of the first image on my most recent hub which is:

Also, there are neither any side arrows to view the other 2 images, nor is there any "Pin It" option.

I suggest the following improvements to the Recent Images feature:

Show the first images from our 3 most recent hubs, with:

. a link each to those 3 most recent hubs,
    . a scrolling arrow to view all 3 images, and
    . Pin It buttons on each image shown.

That would make more sense of the Recent Images feature and be much more useful.

5. Stacie L profile image87
    Stacie Lposted 19 months ago

My latest images are of a toilet! Yeah I wish changed that feature all right! wink

1. SmartAndFun profile image90
      SmartAndFunposted 19 months ago in reply to this

What is the purpose of this feature? I think I must have missed that blog or forum post.

I haven't written anything new in a year, so my "recent" images are a year old.