jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (8 posts)

I'd like feedback on my Hub: How to Purchase Custom Jewelry Online

1. Steve Bluthgeld profile image61
    Steve Bluthgeldposted 2 years ago

Hi Everyone,

I'd like some help with passing the Quality Assessment Process.
    My hub is here: http://stevebluthgeld.hubpages.com/hub/ … lry-Online

I'd love some suggestions on how to improve it.
    Thanks for any help!

1. SpaceShanty profile image93
      SpaceShantyposted 2 years ago in reply to this

As relache said we can not see it as it is unpublished.  A few pointers to get it through the QAP, make sure it is at least 750 words, does not contain lots of outbound links or Amazon or eBay casules and is not desinged to promote another website or blog or article.

2. relache profile image88
    relacheposted 2 years ago

As your Hub is unpublished, none of us can see it.

3. Steve Bluthgeld profile image61
    Steve Bluthgeldposted 2 years ago

Ah, right. Thanks for the tips!

4. Millionaire Tips profile image88
    Millionaire Tipsposted 2 years ago

Just from looking at the title, you will want to check out the rules about what is considered over-promotional.  Here's a forum to get you started.

http://hubpages.com/forum/topic/127831

There was also a related blog post that included example hubs of acceptable and unacceptable promotion.

1. Steve Bluthgeld profile image61
      Steve Bluthgeldposted 2 years ago in reply to this

Thanks. My article is over 1000 words and has one amazon link, and one link to my jewelry advice website. Would that be enough to hold it back from being published?

1. Millionaire Tips profile image88
        Millionaire Tipsposted 2 years ago in reply to this

Based on the numbers you gave me, the number of links and products would not be an issue, but you do need to make sure that both the link and the Amazon product are directly related to the content of the hub, and the content is of substance by itself to fulfill the reader without having to click on any of the links.

1. Millionaire Tips profile image88
          Millionaire Tipsposted 2 years ago in reply to this

Okay, I was able to read the article. You start out with the advantages of buying online, but that seems like a disconnect with the title.  I think you should put the advantages further down the article, or reword the lead-in, so it doesn't feel like an advertisement. I do think you should keep it in.

While it does give some good common sense advice, it leaves me with a lot of questions.  Where do you go to find a jeweler / artist? You said to choose a reputable dealer, but I haven't bought jewelery online before. How do you know who is reputable?  How do you make sure you don't get scammed?  Also why is it that custom jewellery can cost less than premade small pieces? How long does it generally take to get an item made?

working