jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (7 posts)

I'd like feedback on my Hub: Family Friendly White Elephant Gift Exchange

1. LAWRTW profile image82
    LAWRTWposted 19 months ago

Hi Hubbers,

I'd like some help with passing the Quality Assessment Process. Will you please give feedback on my Hub Family Friendly White Elephant Gift Exchange. What can I do to improve? Thanks!

1. colorfulone profile image89
      colorfuloneposted 19 months ago in reply to this

The hub has about 250 words and 3 Amazon capsules. I would recommend cutting that down to one Amazon capsule. Has the hub become unfeatured? If so, for what reason does the email from HubPages say.

1. LAWRTW profile image82
        LAWRTWposted 19 months ago in reply to this

All my hubs were transfers so it's hard to adjust them to Hubpages standards.  We had one capsule where you could feature multiple Amazon items.  I think it looks silly with just one Amazon item.  Would it be better to just eliminate Amazon altogether?

1. Millionaire Tips profile image90
          Millionaire Tipsposted 19 months ago in reply to this

I would recommend using just one Amazon product, and moving it farther up in the hub. Maybe make a section entitled how to choose white elephant gifts.  It would be good to get advice from someone who has done it, what criteria people use in choosing the gifts, and what types of gifts people enjoy getting, are inexpensive, etc. Then you can use an example of a gift that fits that criteria, and include an Amazon capsule for that example.

2. relache profile image87
    relacheposted 19 months ago
  3. psycheskinner profile image83
    psycheskinnerposted 19 months ago

You give one example of how you do this.  I suggest making the hub more substantial by ending with other suggestions about how to use this method and why it might be a good idea.

4. Millionaire Tips profile image90
    Millionaire Tipsposted 19 months ago

This is a good hub.  There are two things I noted about this hub.  As others have said, it is probably tripping the over-promotional filter.  Putting three Amazon capsules in a short hub is over-promotion and really not necessary.  You haven't talked specifically about the products you are promoting or explaining why they make good gifts.

The other thing I noted is that it is told in a bloggy way.  What I mean by that is that it feels very personal, and not told with the reader in mind.  It would help if you explained what a white elephant gift exchange was, and explain the mechanics in a way that someone who has never heard of it would understand.  For example, you talked about drawing names, but didn't explain up front the purpose of drawing the names.