jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (4 posts)

Hub Pages and Featured Hubs

1. Ronald Bachner profile image84
    Ronald Bachnerposted 19 months ago

Why does Hub Pages de-feature a hub and call it not worthy and up to standards after it was Featured and it is 99 percent original?

2. Snakesmum profile image89
    Snakesmumposted 19 months ago

It depends, but if it's an older hub, perhaps it has been caught up in the recent rule changes?

3. SmartAndFun profile image91
    SmartAndFunposted 19 months ago

Like snakesmum stated, the new, tighter anti-spam rules are probably it if your hub has been un-featured for quality reasons. Hubs can also be un-featured if they are not getting enough traffic. A half white, half black circle signifies lack of traffic, and a solid white circle signifies that there's a quality issue -- my apologies if you already know this.

4. Dressage Husband profile image79
    Dressage Husbandposted 19 months ago

On publishing the Hub gets reviewed by assessors from Mechanical Turk. This process will get it a Hub score, from here it can still be reviewed by a member of HP staff or an editor. That review may remove the featured status. Also other Hubbers may also report the Hub if it infringes any rules, and it will be revisited by HP staff to see whether it should be featured or not.

If your Hub is unfeatured there is usually a reason attached, if you go in to try to edit it. If you are still not clear on the issue you can ask a staff member to review it for you. Paul Edmonson has done this for me, I took his advice, and all of my Hubs are now featured. Do not be afraid to ask for help if you are trying your best. The staff will try to help you as long as it is not apparent to them that you have deliberately broken the rules.