jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (10 posts)

Are there alternate ways of getting copied hub notifications?

1. Knightmare Golem profile image95
    Knightmare Golemposted 2 years ago

I have a few of my hubs copied right now and have the little 'C' by their title telling me that the hub has been copied... but I don't see anything else.  I've sent out DMCA notices for these hubs, but till the system crawls them again and realizes they are gone, those little copyright symbols will be there.  However, because of the long time periods between checking, that notifier doesn't help much for repeat copies.  If my hub gets copied a second time, I'll never know at a glance till weeks later when the symbol disappears.  Right now the only solution for easy checking is to check the copied hubs tab daily... but there really should be a better way.

Does anyone know of one?  Is there a notification setting that I'm missing somewhere?  An automated email I can send myself?  If not... there really should be.

1. peachpurple profile image78
      peachpurpleposted 2 years ago in reply to this

i have 12 hubs being copied and paste elsewhere without my permission. I contacted the person but ignored. Just leave them alone.

2. colorfulone profile image88
      colorfuloneposted 2 years ago in reply to this

Here is a tool for checking for duplicate content, broken links and more...
      siteliner[dot]com
      Put in the URL for your profile page and it will check all of your hubs.

2. relache profile image86
    relacheposted 2 years ago

You'll have to find a way to track this for yourself.  The copied content scans are infrequent, and sometimes don't alert you until months after a theft.  You may wish to therefore also conduct your own periodic checks on your popular content.

3. Sue Adams profile image93
    Sue Adamsposted 2 years ago

Hi Knightmare Golem,

I sent following message to the team:
    Subject:  Removal of "copied content" marker & URLs
    "Could you please have the above 4 URLs removed from the copied content notice as they are no longer copied:

(mentioning urls of no longer copied hubs)

The reply I received:
    Team HubPages
    3 Mar (12 days ago)

to me
    Hello,

Copied content is rechecked every 30-60 days.
    If you know that the content is no longer published, you can disregard this informational message and it should clear the next time it is rechecked.

Thanks,
    Matt @ Team HubPages

So we just have to wait until the "C" notices disappear.

4. SANJAY LAKHANPAL profile image87
    SANJAY LAKHANPALposted 2 years ago

I am also having the same problem. The copied content has been removed after DMCA complaint but the symbol c beside the hub is still there.

1. Matthew Meyer profile image76
      Matthew Meyerposted 2 years ago in reply to this

Copied content is rechecked infrequently for lower traffic Hubs.
      If you know that the content is no longer published, you can disregard this informational message and it should clear the next time it is rechecked.

5. AngelCityArt profile image78
    AngelCityArtposted 2 years ago

How about pages that were copied from Squid? I am migrating and finding people have stolen my content and posted it here as their own before I moved over. Now as I try to publish my original articles are being flagged as duplicate content.

1. Matthew Meyer profile image76
      Matthew Meyerposted 2 years ago in reply to this

If you have original copyrighted content that was used without your permission then a DMCA NOI may be appropriate.
      http://hubpages.com/learningcenter/how- … -complaint

Once you address any duplicate content, you can then submit your Hub(s) again to be evaluated for publication.

6. LindaSmith1 profile image60
    LindaSmith1posted 2 years ago

If you discover that your content has been copied and published on HP, report it to HP.

working