jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (5 posts)

Hub hits and misses

1. 60
    Rekha Rekposted 19 months ago

How many hubs are hits for beginners.

1. TIMETRAVELER2 profile image96
      TIMETRAVELER2posted 19 months ago in reply to this

Probably very few because it takes a long time to learn the ropes here.  Once in awhile someone gets lucky with a beginning hub, but I think that is quite rare.

2. Sue Adams profile image93
    Sue Adamsposted 19 months ago

I had a look at the 2 hubs featured on your account. They are rather short. Generally speaking, we recommend composing Hubs that are at least 1150 words long.

Have you read all the advice given in the learning centre on how to
    choose the best title?
    http://hubpages.com/learningcenter/How- … ndly-Title

On how to gain traffic to your hub?

On how to properly uise images?

I would also look at the " need some goals" box (top right in edit mode) and make sure all the boxes are ticked to comply with the high standards of a stellar hub. Use good photos, and most of the capsules available. Format for mobile use. It takes time to learn the ropes here but if you are dedicated and patient, then you have a good chance of attracting some traffic after several months of each article having had time to be noticed and ranked prominently in the search engines.

Good luck

3. clivewilliams profile image81
    clivewilliamsposted 19 months ago

many hubs are hits on hubpages but misses on Google. The internet has been gluten with How to do this and How to do that. List and the usual which don't seem to be getting big traffic anymore. As for me....i am amiss miss miss and miss again. Think i will go write about celebrity gossip

4. 60
    Rekha Rekposted 19 months ago

Thanks Sue Adams,TimeTraveldrs2,Clivewilliams for your feedback. Its very helpful. I was feeling sad for not being seen when searched on google. Now will try better and think different. I have posted my hub on facebook.  May be we have to advertise ourself.

Have a nice day