jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (11 posts)

Google has spoken on Doorway Pages

1. makingamark profile image70
    makingamarkposted 2 years ago

Now I know Hubpages has something to say about doorway pages - but I forget where ( does anybody know the reference?)

However it's worth noting that yesterday Google also spoke on the topic of Doorway Pages - see An update on doorway pages - just to reinforce the point that they don't like them

1. Shades-of-truth profile image88
      Shades-of-truthposted 2 years ago in reply to this

The link above took me to the Google Webmaster Central Blog, but said the page was not there. I simply clicked on the Webmaster Central Blog at the top, and then was able to scroll down and read it. Very interesting.

2. Jayne Lancer profile image89
      Jayne Lancerposted 2 years ago in reply to this

I hope I'm not misunderstanding you, but 'Doorway Pages' is the subject of the most recent HubPages Weekly.

1. makingamark profile image70
        makingamarkposted 2 years ago in reply to this

I raised this thread before they wrote their post.

As in I wrote the first post in this thread 2 days ago on 17th March, soon after Google published the post on their blog post on Monday 16th March. Who knows - maybe they raised the issue because I started this thread? smile

Here's the original if you'd like to see what Google actually said on Monday, March 16, 2015
        googlewebmastercentral.blogspot.co.uk/2015/03/an-update-on-doorway-pages.html

I think it's a bit different to how HubPages has interpreted it (16 hours ago on 18th March). Others may have a different view.

1. Jayne Lancer profile image89
          Jayne Lancerposted 2 years ago in reply to this

Haha. Sorry, I didn't look to see when you created the thread.

2. makingamark profile image70

Thanks - I've now corrected the link (there was a small error)

3. relache profile image87
    relacheposted 2 years ago

Google spoke out against doorway pages YEARS ago.

4. makingamark profile image70

I do know that Relache!!

The point of the post was to highlight the fact that they have now said something NEW about Doorway Pages!  As in a brand new post on the Official Google Webmaster Central Blog. 

The clue that I already knew they didn't like them came in the phrase just to reinforce the point that they don't like them

I don't know about you but I always pay attention when Google has anything NEW to say about how it is operating..... smile

5. UnnamedHarald profile image95
    UnnamedHaraldposted 2 years ago

I wonder if this will fuel outright copying of content instead of pointing to it.

6. Mark Ewbie profile image83
    Mark Ewbieposted 2 years ago

I wonder if this is why the Google offices are mainly open plan.

1. Sue Adams profile image93
      Sue Adamsposted 2 years ago in reply to this

big_smile

working