jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (11 posts)

Google has spoken on Doorway Pages

1. makingamark profile image77
    makingamarkposted 22 months ago

Now I know Hubpages has something to say about doorway pages - but I forget where ( does anybody know the reference?)

However it's worth noting that yesterday Google also spoke on the topic of Doorway Pages - see An update on doorway pages - just to reinforce the point that they don't like them

1. Shades-of-truth profile image86
      Shades-of-truthposted 22 months ago in reply to this

The link above took me to the Google Webmaster Central Blog, but said the page was not there. I simply clicked on the Webmaster Central Blog at the top, and then was able to scroll down and read it. Very interesting.

2. Jayne Lancer profile image90
      Jayne Lancerposted 22 months ago in reply to this

I hope I'm not misunderstanding you, but 'Doorway Pages' is the subject of the most recent HubPages Weekly.

1. makingamark profile image77
        makingamarkposted 22 months ago in reply to this

I raised this thread before they wrote their post.

As in I wrote the first post in this thread 2 days ago on 17th March, soon after Google published the post on their blog post on Monday 16th March. Who knows - maybe they raised the issue because I started this thread? smile

Here's the original if you'd like to see what Google actually said on Monday, March 16, 2015
        googlewebmastercentral.blogspot.co.uk/2015/03/an-update-on-doorway-pages.html

I think it's a bit different to how HubPages has interpreted it (16 hours ago on 18th March). Others may have a different view.

1. Jayne Lancer profile image90
          Jayne Lancerposted 22 months ago in reply to this

Haha. Sorry, I didn't look to see when you created the thread.

2. makingamark profile image77

Thanks - I've now corrected the link (there was a small error)

3. relache profile image88
    relacheposted 22 months ago

Google spoke out against doorway pages YEARS ago.

4. makingamark profile image77

I do know that Relache!!

The point of the post was to highlight the fact that they have now said something NEW about Doorway Pages!  As in a brand new post on the Official Google Webmaster Central Blog. 

The clue that I already knew they didn't like them came in the phrase just to reinforce the point that they don't like them

I don't know about you but I always pay attention when Google has anything NEW to say about how it is operating..... smile

5. UnnamedHarald profile image93
    UnnamedHaraldposted 22 months ago

I wonder if this will fuel outright copying of content instead of pointing to it.

6. Mark Ewbie profile image83
    Mark Ewbieposted 22 months ago

I wonder if this is why the Google offices are mainly open plan.

1. Sue Adams profile image94
      Sue Adamsposted 22 months ago in reply to this

big_smile

working