jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (9 posts)

Confused about quality assessment procedures

1. 60
    Ms Geekposted 19 months ago

I'm new to Hub and was informed that my first Hub did not pass quality assessment procedures. I'm a little confused by this, because I am a pretty good writer with a strong grasp of grammar. My first hub is a bit on the short side, but I deliberately wanted to make a short and simple page about a complex topic, finding out that you're autistic as an adult.

Was grouping too many books together a problem?

1. Shades-of-truth profile image86
      Shades-of-truthposted 19 months ago in reply to this

I don't know - usually they are to be spaced out, with enough text to support their existence. I looked at your Hub, and it must have passed, since I was able to view it.

2. calculus-geometry profile image86
      calculus-geometryposted 19 months ago in reply to this

HP now wants product links to be highly pertinent to the text; you have to say something about the books and work it into the text naturally.  Before, you could put a list of books or products at the end of an article even if they were only somewhat related to the topic of the article, lately this is not allowed if you want to pass the quality process.  It should be easy to fix, best of luck.

1. 60
        Ms Geekposted 19 months ago in reply to this

Thanks! Is there a way to get my page re-assessed after I've made the changes?

1. Matthew Meyer profile image77
          Matthew Meyerposted 19 months ago in reply to this

If you have a Hub that does not pass the QAP, simply edit it and address any issues. When you are done you can submit it for publication and it will set it to be evaluated by the QAP again as well.

3. 60
      Ms Geekposted 19 months ago in reply to this

Okay, now I got another e-mail saying that I didn't pass QAP, even after I edited the Amazon links to be more integrated into the text. It's no longer available for viewing.  I'm confused and kind of frustrating.

Is it possible for something to not pass QAP because it features a particular opinion? I know that I've seen other pages with opinions, so it's confusing.

1. colorfulone profile image88
        colorfuloneposted 19 months ago in reply to this

The hub has not been unpublished, it is just not featured if it didn't pass QAP. I can see your hub on your profile page. You might benefit greatly by hitting the "Help" link in the top right corner of any page in HubPages.

I glanced at your new hub, and only see the title of the hub. None of the text capsules are titled. Those sub-titles are important too.

Added: Expressing an opinion would not keep a hub from passing QAP, unless you were using word that are black listed on the site.

2. 60
    Ms Geekposted 19 months ago

Okay, thanks. I'm a little confused because I got an e-mail saying it did not pass QAP? But I guess if you were able to see it, then that's good. Thanks!

3. Marcy Goodfleisch profile image93
    Marcy Goodfleischposted 19 months ago

Hi, Ms. Geek -

Welcome to the site!  Your Autism hub covers an important topic - I am not sure what QAP would like to see changed, but here are a few thoughts:

Is any of the text related to the books (the descriptions) taken from the Amazon site?  Sometimes that can be flagged. Also, you might want to break them up - the way the layout is arranged, it does look a bit like you might be encouraging purchases (that's a no-no).

It appears there might be one particularly long text capsule with boldfaced section headers in it? If that's the case, break that capsule into several separate capsules (this only takes a few minutes - you can cut & paste blocks of text into the new capsules).  This will help increase the QAP scores.

Add more images or videos - especially if you create additional text capsules. Each capsule should have some sort of graphic or visual element with it (an image, a video, quiz, something).

Consider using a few layout tricks to break up the one long vertical layout you currently have. You can move text to the lefthand side with the arrows at the top of the text capsules. That gives you room to insert images or other visuals on the RH side. 

Again - welcome to the site, and don't get frustrated over needing to make a few changes! The topic is good!