Help on Non-Featured Hub

1. Lynne-Modranski profile image85
    Lynne-Modranskiposted 19 months ago

This hub went from Featured to Not today after an edit.
    I truly can't figure it out.  It's not getting much traffic right now, but it's a Christian Holiday hub, so it's not likely too and others that are Christmas focused are featured.   I only have a couple of Amazon modules and I think only one outside of hubpages.   So I'm baffled.  Any input would be welcome!

2. SmartAndFun profile image90
    SmartAndFunposted 19 months ago

My apologies if you are already aware of this, but some people seem not to know yet: HP has introduced new guidelines regarding what is considered overly promotional. My guess is this sentence is a problem: "If you'd like an e-mail reminder each time a devotion is added, just click here and fill out the form that pops up." I'm thinking it is considered overly promotional to use your HP articles to build an email subscribers list.

Also, you have an in-text link to your online store. I think you need to remove that as well, or at least move that paragraph to your Amazon capsule and treat it as a product description rather than a portion of your article.

Here's a link to a blog post outlining the changes: … -capsules/

Also, in the first paragraph you state that the article will include devotionals for all holidays and seasons "when I'm finished." Is the article unfinished? It seems to stop at the Fourth of July. Maybe that is part of the problem as well?

These are just a few guesses. I hope others will chime in as well. Best of luck to you getting your article published again.

3. Lynne-Modranski profile image85
    Lynne-Modranskiposted 19 months ago

I took out the link to the mailing list in the text box.   Just one in the link box now.  That seemed to do it.