Filed DCMAs for stolen Hubs four months ago, and nothing happened?

Jump to Last Post 1-7 of 7 discussions (12 posts)
  1. Cardia profile image76
    Cardiaposted 9 years ago

I have three Hubs that were copied and pasted onto other sites. I followed the instructions on how to send a DCMA, and I sent one to each site. One was posted on a Blogspot, so I sent one to Google. This was the beginning of November last year.

However it's March now, and nothing has happened. The three stolen hubs are still on the sites, and in my list of Hubs, they have the red (C) copyright sign, showing they're still with the problem.

Is this normal? What to do?

Thanks!

2. Thelma Alberts profile image91
    Thelma Albertsposted 9 years ago

I hope you will receive an answer as this too is my problem. I am thinking now what to do next. Thanks for starting this forum.

3. Ramkitten2000 profile image91
    Ramkitten2000posted 9 years ago

Cardia, just checking ... but did you actually go to the sites and see your work is still copied there, or are you just going by those little red Cs? I ask because I have little red Cs that have been on my HP dashboard for months since the copied content was removed. It's like they never go away. HP says their system rechecks and eventually removes the Cs if the content has been taken down, but I'm not seeing that happen. It makes it difficult to actually know what's still out there and what's been removed.

1. CelebrateUSA profile image75
      CelebrateUSAposted 9 years agoin reply to this

Oh, good point - thank you for highlighting that fact. I would not have thought about checking.
      Thank you very much!

4. Kylyssa profile image91
    Kylyssaposted 9 years ago

Did you use the blogspot product specific form on Google? Google used to accept normal DMCA notices via email like other ISPs do but no longer accepts any that do not arrive through the correct form.

5. Cardia profile image76
    Cardiaposted 9 years ago

Okay admittedly I went to check on all three, because I was going by the little red Cs, and the Blogspot one was removed. However the other two - one is on a Turkish site and the other is on Slideshare, are still there. They even copied the photos that I used.

Is there anything I can do? Should I file another set of DMCAs?

1. Marisa Wright profile image87
      Marisa Wrightposted 9 years agoin reply to this

Who did you file the DMCA with for those two sites?

Slideshare is owned by Linkedin and you have to submit your complain to them
      https://www.linkedin.com/legal/copyright-policy

I seem to remember they don't make it easy, so good luck.

When you see an article copied on a website and it's obviously spammy, then don't bother sending a DMCA to the site, try to find out their host and lodge the DMCA direct with the host.

2. SpaceShanty profile image94
      SpaceShantyposted 9 years agoin reply to this

The 'good' news it that if it is on a Blogger/blogspot blog google will take it down within a few days, I have gotten about 10 taken down in the last few weeks.  The little red c will stay next to your Hub for ages, just check the blog to see if it has gone.

Here is the link  https://support.google.com/legal/contac … ct=blogger

6. Barbara Kay profile image72
    Barbara Kayposted 9 years ago

I've had this same thing happen to me with some foreign sites. They don't have the copyright laws that we do.

1. SpaceShanty profile image94
      SpaceShantyposted 9 years agoin reply to this

Even if it is a foreign site they are usually hosted by an American hosting company so getting it taken down isn't too difficult.  Failing that you can get Google to deindex it, ie it won't show up in search results, it's not as good as it being taken down but it is better than nothing.

1. Barbara Kay profile image72
        Barbara Kayposted 9 years agoin reply to this

Thanks Space Shanty. I have done that, but it would feel better to just have them taken down.

7. CelebrateUSA profile image75
    CelebrateUSAposted 9 years ago

I feel for you - this is so frustrating.

I have filed seven times and have only had one site taken down. Very frustrating! I jumped for joy on the one that was finally taken down! The attorney contacted me on LinkedIn. Thank goodness! One down, six to go!

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)