jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (11 posts)

Blue words appearing in text underlined twice leading to ads?

1. Peggy W profile image91
    Peggy Wposted 19 months ago

These are words that I did not add as a link and I am seeing them also in other people's hubs today.  I just published a new hub and then when I could not eliminate those links, unpublished it.  Is this some type of malware?  Is HubPages adding these links?  Anyone else noticing this?

1. Susana S profile image91
      Susana Sposted 19 months ago in reply to this

It's malware.

2. colorfulone profile image88
      colorfuloneposted 19 months ago in reply to this

No funny blue underlined text links here, Peggy.

3. Barbara Kay profile image85
      Barbara Kayposted 19 months ago in reply to this

You need to run a malware checker on your computer. Malwarebytes has a download that is good for 30 days and will remove it. I just remove the download from my computer when the 30 days is up.

1. Peggy W profile image91
        Peggy Wposted 19 months ago in reply to this

Thanks Barbara Kay,

We had our computer guy come over and he took care of it for us.  This is good to know however in case he is unavailable...or for others to know.

4. Rachel L Alba profile image84
      Rachel L Albaposted 19 months ago in reply to this

I haven't seen any.

5. erorantes profile image33
      erorantesposted 19 months ago in reply to this

You need to take your computer to a computer technician to have it tune up  or clean.  Sometimes,  computers get viruses.  It could be that someone is getting through your cookies. At Office Depot,  you can find an anti virus CD cleaner. The cost is from 19.99 up to 99.99. You can try with the less expensive. The best thing to do. You need to ask a sales representative before buying the CD cleaner. Good luck with the CP problem.

6. brakel2 profile image87
      brakel2posted 19 months ago in reply to this

Sorry for your trouble. I just downloaded something to read a manual -silly me and Avast and Chrome got rid of it right away as bad stuff. I should know better. Good luck and glad you have a guru.

2. Mel Carriere profile image90
    Mel Carriereposted 19 months ago

No, that's a virus.  My son had to clean it off of my computer.  Hopefully Malwarebytes will eliminate it, but it is not 100 percent effective, as I have discovered.  Luckily I have a hacker son who is 100 percent effective.

3. Peggy W profile image91
    Peggy Wposted 19 months ago

Thanks everyone for the advice.  We called our computer guru who came over last night and removed the malicious malware that was indeed on our computer.  I knew that it did not look right!  He said to be very careful about any downloads and I had done some recently because of wishing to make some YouTube videos.

4. LindaSmith1 profile image61
    LindaSmith1posted 19 months ago

Whenever I get goofy things, computer acts up, I run Trojan Killer which picks up things that virus and malaware scans miss.  There is a trial period, then you pay if you want to keep it, but it is cheap for a year.  The Trial is a real trial meaning it does scan your computer and you can get rid of the junk it finds.