jump to last post 1-2 of 2 discussions (7 posts)

How to get tax file (1099) for hubpages earning?

1. plusMinus profile image79
    plusMinusposted 2 years ago

I see that the tax related documents should be deliver electronically. But still I dont find such type of file or I am not seeing any download link to download that from my hubpages earning page. I am not sure what is the minimum balance requirement to get that file. Or how to download that file. if any body knows it, please tell me how to get those.

Thanks
    plusMinus

1. galleryofgrace profile image82
      galleryofgraceposted 2 years ago in reply to this

You have to monitor your earnings from Paypal.

2. Christy Kirwan profile image
      Christy Kirwanposted 2 years ago in reply to this

Hi plusMinus,

As relache kindly mentions, you will not receive a 1099 from HubPages. PayPal handles all the tax forms for your earnings, since you are paid through them.

1. psycheskinner profile image81
        psycheskinnerposted 2 years ago in reply to this

Paypal will also not be sending you any tax forms. 

All you can do is determine the taxable amount using your Paypal account and declare that, undocumented.

1. Christy Kirwan profile image
          Christy Kirwanposted 2 years ago in reply to this

I believe PayPal still makes 1099 forms available, though you may not be required to file if you have earned below a certain amount. As always, we recommend consulting a tax professional for help dealing with these issues, as HubPages Staff are not qualified to give tax advice.

1. psycheskinner profile image81
            psycheskinnerposted 2 years ago in reply to this

I doubt you will find many people here who ever got one, so it would be more accurate not to advise hubbers that  a 1099 can be expected from paypal.

If y'all out there are making the $20,000 minimum for this 1099 provision service, I stand corrected.  https://www.paypal.com/us/webapps/helpc … p;rankId=2

2. relache profile image86
    relacheposted 2 years ago

HubPages has not provided a 1099 since 2013.

http://hubpages.com/faq/#taxforms

working