jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (6 posts)

I'd like feedback on my Hub: Achieving a Restful Night's Sleep

1. Choelve profile image59
    Choelveposted 19 months ago

Hi Hubbers,

I'd like some help with passing the Quality Assessment Process. Will you please give feedback on my Hub Achieving a Restful Night's Sleep (must be signed in to view). What can I do to improve? Thanks!

1. Barbara Kay profile image85
      Barbara Kayposted 19 months ago in reply to this

I didn't get the entire hub read, but I did catch a couple of slip ups on using the wrong word or having the word in the wrong place. Reread what you wrote and you will find them.

Something that will will prevent a hub from making it through Quality Assessment is using photos that are copyrighted. Find photos to use from places that say that you are allowed to do so. Then attribute them properly. Check places like Wikipedia and Morgue Files. Some at Wikipedia are free to use and others you won't be allowed to do so. At Morgue Files, you can use anything. Another place is Pixabay.

Be sure to read the Learning Center section on attributing photos. My guess is that is why your hub wasn't approved.

1. Millionaire Tips profile image89
        Millionaire Tipsposted 19 months ago in reply to this

I don't know if Wikipedia images are free to use.  I think you might mean Wikimedia?

2. cherylvance profile image83
      cherylvanceposted 19 months ago in reply to this

Punctuation is your biggest problem. Mostly commas. When you say, "Just like everyday" ... Every day should be broken up. Little things like that. Watch areas that don't need periods like ... T.V., computer screens ... Should have been TV, computer screens etc., Also watch your numbers, single digit numbers should be written in letters. Lastly, I can't fit pedestals in the conversation anywhere. Good luck ..

2. relache profile image87
    relacheposted 19 months ago

Here is a great page on how to improve Hubs,

http://hubpages.com/learningcenter/How- … y-of-a-Hub

3. Millionaire Tips profile image89
    Millionaire Tipsposted 19 months ago

I took a look at the hub, and I think the only thing that keeps this hub from being accepted is the pedestal link at the end. Besides the fact that the hub doesn't have anything to do with pedestals, it seems like it is trying to take the readers to another website instead of helping them with their sleep. HubPages does not want you to add links that are not directly related to the content of the hub.

Another issue I saw was the organization of the hub.  You started with two things that caused sleep problems with bullets. That looks like a good intro, but then you go off on goal setting before going back to those two things. That was confusing to me, because I wasn't sure if you were going to elaborate on those two things. You should move the goal setting capsule.

You said "You are on the pedestal". I assume this has to do with your website, but you are going to have to explain what that means to the average reader who hasn't read your website.

I followed the link to one of your images, and it looks like you chose good pictures. You may want to look at the learning center entry to see how to attribute images. If you clearly state the photographer and that it is a creative commons image, then people will know right away that the link is acceptable and not something you are doing to pull readers away from the hub.