jump to last post 1-11 of 11 discussions (12 posts)

Disabled Kontera on hub as experiment

1. Dorsi profile image90
    Dorsiposted 7 years ago

I had the best 2 days on google for my home affordable hub, great traffic from Google then ramped down after 2 days. I checked my Kontera account and noticed their was a high rate of click through for the same hub, at of course a lower rate than adsense would bring.
    So I disabled my Kontera ads on that hub to see what happens in the next couple days.
    Anyone else do this and what do you think about the whole Kontera thing? Is is taking away from Adsense?

2. guidebaba profile image60
    guidebabaposted 7 years ago

Yes, even i tried this. Kontera, to me, looks like a FRAUD. Few months back my Kontera Earnings was around $95 or 97. Next day It went down to around $57. DAMN ! yikes.

I disabled Kontera Ads on all of by blogs, hubs and websites and my Adsense income increased by almost 300%. smile .

I am NEVER going to use Kontera Again.

3. darkside profile image85
    darksideposted 7 years ago

I wouldn't say that Kontera is fraud or are fraudulent. I certainly don't like the practise of losing your money if you're under $5 a month.

But Relache reports excellent earnings.

And my experience has been woeful.

4. Silver Rose profile image78
    Silver Roseposted 7 years ago

I've now removed Kontera also, mainly because they were providing irrelevant ads

1. darkside profile image85
      darksideposted 7 years ago in reply to this

That's something I noticed too. The keyword was highlighted that related to the ad, but it was way off the context of the content.

5. NanaYaw123 profile image60
    NanaYaw123posted 7 years ago

I had Kotera on some of my blogs, but made no money out of it, while i did make some for Adsense, so................i DISABLED IT!

6. Lissie profile image85
    Lissieposted 7 years ago

Yes I have now removed Kontera on most of my hubs - well the ones that get any traffic anyway!

7. Anamika S profile image70
    Anamika Sposted 7 years ago

I find Kontera a waste of time and efforts.

8. Whitney05 profile image67
    Whitney05posted 7 years ago

Kontera is probably taking away from Adsense earnings. I've removed mine due to this thread.

I took Kontera off last week sometime, and my HP Adsense earnings have gone from about $15-$18(and change) a day to $20-$23(and change) a day.

But, it's only been a few days. Not enough to see if there's been a stable, long-term change or difference.

It did take a few days to get the bump in earnings after I disabled everything, so I'm not sure if it's just coincidence or what.

I noticed this too. Google is creating contextual ads; do you think that they'll be relevant to the topic versus highlight a random keyword that has nothing to do with the article?

9. 0
    Whikatposted 7 years ago

Thank you for the posts everyone, I have not started Kontera because I am new and not enough traffic, but after reading all these posts, I know not to go with Kontera. Thank you for warning all us newbies. smile

10. Research Analyst profile image79
    Research Analystposted 7 years ago

I actually like having kontera on my hubs because I like the extra income to my paypal account each month. Sorry to hear its not working for most folks, its working fine for me.

11. Whitney05 profile image67
    Whitney05posted 7 years ago

Dorsi, I'm curious as to whether you've seen any changes in the past two weeks after taking Kontera off?

I have decided that when I took off Kontera, my Adsense has increased. A day or so after I took it off, my Adsense went up, which could have been coincidence, but it's been stable for the past few weeks.

Just curious if you have seen a difference.