I'd like some help with passing the Quality Assessment Process. Will you please give feedback on my Hub Italian Arrabiata Pasta (must be signed in to view). What can I do to improve? Thanks!
I think that you're off to a good start. A few points.
- Include a photo alongside (or above / below) each of your recipe steps. Your photos are excellent and really add to the hub, but I would recommend splitting you steps into separate text capsules and including a photo with each one. At the moment, all of the photos are to the right and stretch below the recipe which makes it difficult to understand which photos apply to which steps.
- As WriteAngled said, you need to have permission to use the photos. You can find details on that here: http://hubpages.com/learningcenter/legal-image-use
- You need to check and correct the spacing and punctuation and also check your English as there are a few mistakes.
- Think about using bullet points for your list (e.g. the health benefits of olive oil) - Bullet point lists make it easier for people to scan your hub.
- Generally speaking though, your overall layout is good and you brought in some interesting points with the history and olive oil part. Once you have legal use of images and you check and correct the English, I think you'll have the foundations of a strong hub.
Your "recipe" says to use spaghetti pasta, yet you have a wikipedia picture of penne pasta.
As a stickler for Italian food, being Italian, to be called Arabbiata a sauce much have chili peppers. The recipe presented is not actually an Arabbiata sauce. Anyone of Italian heritage would also probably kill someone for boiling pasta noodles for 20 minutes because it will just be gummy flour paste at that point. Where did you actually get this recipe from, anyway?
I do not trust or use recipes online unless I see step by step photos that prove the author of the recipe actually prepared the dish and photographed their own results. Have you actually made this dish as described? If so then don't use random other photos that don't accurately represent the dish presented.
Basically the recipe reads like spun content, not related to the sauce as it is traditionally prepared, and I would not trust it as an avid foodie and home cook.
For a start, your use of the English language is not up to the standard expected from people who write here.
Secondly, you are breaching copyright with at least some of the photographs you use.
The second image down, of garlic frying in olive oil was initially published on
http://www.simplyscratch.com/2014/07/ho … sauce.html
There is no indication that the author of that blog is happy for her images to be used elsewhere, especially when no attribution and no link back is made.
The fifth image down, of the sauce in the food blender, has been stolen from SmittyImagingLtd, as can already be seen from the watermark in the bottom left corner.
https://www.flickr.com/photos/smittyima … 1797621321
The photographer has labelled this image as "all rights reserved", which means you do not have the right to use it at all, even with attribution.
by gyanendra mocktan3 weeks ago
Hi Hubbers,I'd like some help with passing the Quality Assessment Process. Will you please give feedback on my Hub Education, Teacher and Toxin. What can I do to improve? Thanks!
by Rupert Taylor16 months ago
Hi Hubbers,I'm told by the powers that be that my first post "Need Improvement," a comment that is too vague to be of much help. Perhaps, people with experience here can offer some enlightenment.I'd like some...
by Md Nahid Khan2 weeks ago
Hi Hubbers,I'd like some help with passing the Quality Assessment Process. Will you please give feedback on my Hub Learning English Language in an easy way & its benefits (must be signed in to view). What can I do...
by CHIRAG SINGHAL4 weeks ago
Hi Hubbers,I'd like some help with passing the Quality Assessment Process. Will you please give feedback on my Hub Salute to these Guys. What can I do to improve? Thanks!
by Amruth Prabhu11 months ago
Hi Hubbers,I'd like some help with passing the Quality Assessment Process. Will you please give feedback on my Hub AMMYS GREEK SALAD (must be signed in to view). What can I do to improve? Thanks!
by P r a v e e n6 weeks ago
Hi Hubbers,"Uncertainty is an uncomfortable position. But certainty is an absurd one." ...
Copyright © 2017 HubPages Inc. and respective owners.
Other product and company names shown may be trademarks of their respective owners.
HubPages® is a registered Service Mark of HubPages, Inc.
HubPages and Hubbers (authors) may earn revenue on this page based on affiliate relationships and advertisements with partners including Amazon, Google, and others.