jump to last post 1-2 of 2 discussions (7 posts)

Right jusified text boxes and Photos appear first in Mobile view

1. LeanMan profile image82
    LeanManposted 19 months ago

Most people read left to right and most authors will right justify photos, videos, and even text boxes with additional info so that the reader reads the main info on the left first then the info on the right..

However when I look at the mobile view of my hubs during editing I see that the right justified information appears first rather than after the main text which is wrong.. Can this be fixed??

1. Susana S profile image92
      Susana Sposted 19 months ago in reply to this

I agree.

It would be more intuitive for right floated boxes to come after the text capsule not before.

1. rebekahELLE profile image91
        rebekahELLEposted 19 months ago in reply to this

I agree.  I'm sure that this is one reason why HP wants us to make each capsule full width.  On the hubs that I've done this, I place those right aligned capsules underneath the text capsules.  But I haven't done this on each hub.

1. Susana S profile image92
          Susana Sposted 19 months ago in reply to this

Same here. I've sorted out the formatting on some hubs, but nowhere near all of them.

2. RonElFran profile image97
      RonElFranposted 19 months ago in reply to this

LeanMan, I consider this a feature, not a bug. When I look at my already published hubs on my Kindle, the placement of side capsules is usually exactly what I would have chosen. Now, understanding what will happen to side capsules in mobile view, I plan for it when formatting the hub.

2. Paul Edmondson profile image
    Paul Edmondsonposted 19 months ago

I highly recommend just using full width capsules.  This year I expect mobile traffic to exceed 60%.  With the April 21 google mobile update coming it may be more.

1. Millionaire Tips profile image90
      Millionaire Tipsposted 19 months ago in reply to this

I'm not disagreeing, just curious.  If the system automatically changes my images to full width for mobile views, why not leave it right justified for people who use the desktop? It seems to me that making everything full width does not provide  me an advantage for mobile since HubPages does it anyway, and does provide a disadvantage for desktop.

I use a desktop, so maybe that is why I am more resistant to this change.