jump to last post 1-2 of 2 discussions (9 posts)

I'd like feedback on my Hub: Recipes - Rhubarb Sauces & Compotes

1. CherylK profile image82
    CherylKposted 2 years ago

Hi Hubbers,

I'd like some help with passing the Quality Assessment Process. Will you please give feedback on my Hub Recipes - Rhubarb Sauces & Compotes. What can I do to improve? Thanks!

Could you also look at my All About Salt hub?  It's not very long but I've tried to make it informative without being spammy.  Would really appreciate feedback on that hub, as well.

Thanks very much!
    Cheryl

1. csmiravite-blogs profile image86
      csmiravite-blogsposted 2 years ago in reply to this

It looks ok with me. But this, I believed, used to be a Squidoo lens being transferred here. All I know, is that, there is a prescribed format for doing an HP hub on recipes. You need to follow that to have this article featured. I have seen some hubber's  recipes and they look different. Please find time to go over  other people's work so you will have an idea on how  to edit this hub. I am no expert on this niche, just my one cent...

CherylKposted 2 years ago in reply to this

Thanks very much for the suggestions. Yes, this used to be a Squidoo lens and I am gradually trying to convert them to the Hub recipe format.  I do want my pages all to be written in Hub format.  I just wish there would be an easier way to accomplish that rather than re-writing all of them!

2. colorfulone profile image89
      colorfuloneposted 2 years ago in reply to this

Hi Cheryle,

Here is "How To Write a Successful Recipe Hub" http://hubpages.com/learningcenter/Recipe-Hub-tips

I would remove any Amazon products that are not highly relevant to making those recipes. People who are looking for recipes are not looking to buy a Food Processor to mix "raspberries, brown sugar, and water". I would also remove the "Rhubarb Trivia" link because it has nothing to do with recipes. I would remove the AllPosters affiliate link because it is not highly relevant to the hub topic.

Just some suggestions.

Thank you for your suggestions!  I added the Rhubarb Trivia link just for fun.  Do you have any suggestions as to what products I should add as advertising?

1. colorfulone profile image89
          colorfuloneposted 2 years ago in reply to this

Cheryl, I'm sorry, I do not have time to research products for your hub, and do not have any ideas off the top of my head. I would suggest looking at some of Paul Edmondson's recipe hubs since he is the boss of HubPages. http://pauledmondson.hubpages.com/

Paul did say in a thread I read that professional recipe sites do not feature products, just recipes. Adding products that are not highly relevant to preparing a recipe would be adding a spammy element. Hubbers that do that are finding their hubs defeatured. 

I would suggest spending time reading in the Learning Center also. Just click on Help at the top right of any HubPage and you will see a text link to the Learning Center.

Click on those helpful links in your hub in edit and HP will help you through.

Oh my goodness, I certainly did not expect you to do research for me!  I am learning as I go...just thought since you're experienced, you'd possibly have a suggestion.   No worries.  I'm getting there.  Thanks for your input, though.

2. psycheskinner profile image82
    psycheskinnerposted 2 years ago

Overall the hub seems a bit muddled.  You credit two photos but only show one.  You give three definitions but put only one in a gray box and the others as plain text.  I would suggest just going through and tidying up the inconsistencies.

Thanks very much.  I should have done a better job of editing before presenting it for comments.  HP is quite different from Squidoo and I'm learning that I need to spend more time working on those differences. Starting each page from scratch might be the only way to go.

working