jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (9 posts)

1. LindaSmith1 profile image60
    LindaSmith1posted 19 months ago

Does anybody ever go to the learning center or read Adsense rules about restricted topics and forbidden topics.   

Seeing more and more hubs on gambling, drugs, MLM, PPC, etc which are restricted topics on HP and against Google Adsense rules which means they are forbidden topics.

2. colorfulone profile image87
    colorfuloneposted 19 months ago

If you see hubs that are breaking the HubPages or Adsense rules, flag them for moderation. HP does not want to put their Adsense account at risk.

Added: Hubs that are violating the Adsense rules get their Ads turned off. HubPages will defeature the hubs and or delete the hubber's entire account.

3. LindaSmith1 profile image60

Have, but they are left alone.  Apparently those who are to look at them don't know about prohibited topics. 

I don't bother anymore, not my job.

4. Shades-of-truth profile image86
    Shades-of-truthposted 19 months ago

Linda, I flag things like that all of the time. I still think that those of us who care can help, by internally policing the site. It is disheartening to see so many flagrant violations, that appear to be ignored, while we also see excellent Hubbers warned about seemingly insignificant things.

I still am of the opinion that getting a lot of those elements off Hub Pages, would greatly improve its favor with Google, and raise its credibility those who daily surf the internet in search of informative content.

1. TIMETRAVELER2 profile image96
      TIMETRAVELER2posted 19 months ago in reply to this

It came up in another forum recently that it depends on your point of view in the hub.  For example, discussing why alcoholism is a bad thing is OK, giving recipes for alcoholic drinks is OK, but writing about how much fun it is to get drunk is not OK.

1. Venkatachari M profile image84
        Venkatachari Mposted 19 months ago in reply to this

Do you mean recipes that are meant to cure alcoholics? Then, it is okay. But not recipes as side dishes for alcoholic drinks. This will mean you are supporting alcoholic drinks if you entertain them with delicious recipes.

1. Shades-of-truth profile image86
          Shades-of-truthposted 19 months ago in reply to this

Yes, HP evidently allows alcoholic drink recipes. See one of the Hubs that was promoted by HP, in a recent blog. I'll give you the link to the blog.

http://blog.hubpages.com/2015/03/23/hub … -makeover/

The first two links in the blog post are alcohol-related.

5. LindaSmith1 profile image60

Sales of beer, hard alcohol or liqueurs: Hubs that sell, or link to sites that sell beer, hard alcohol or liqueurs are not allowed. Further, links to alcohol-related sites that require visitors to verify their age are prohibited. You are however free to publish reviews of a particular libation, brewery, winery, or distiller. Cocktail recipes are also fair game. On the subject of home brewing, you can share recipes and techniques, and you can sell related equipment. That said, the sale of simple all-in-one brewing kits is prohibited.

1. Matthew Meyer profile image77
      Matthew Meyerposted 19 months ago in reply to this

AdSense has recently changed some of their policies related to alcohol content including sales, so you may want to review them as some things that were not allowed in the past are now permitted.
      https://support.google.com/adsense/answ … ed_content