jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (10 posts)

Checking word count of a hub

1. Glimmer Twin Fan profile image96
    Glimmer Twin Fanposted 24 months ago

Is there a way to check the number of words that are in a hub without going into the edit mode?  Thanks in advance!

1. Christy Kirwan profile image
      Christy Kirwanposted 24 months ago in reply to this

You can always copy and paste the text in your Hub into a tool like Word Counter. Hope that helps!

1. LillyGrillzit profile image80
        LillyGrillzitposted 24 months ago in reply to this

Considering the rate of theft on the Internet, it is best to prepare your unique content on a privately held account like MS Word, or Google Docs where you can keep your unique content protected forever. You can get your word counts there. If you decide to remove your Hub, you will have your content all nice and preserved in your archives.

2. chasmac profile image97
        chasmacposted 24 months ago in reply to this

Yes - The stats tab / Hub Metrics next to the edit button tells you the number of words that are in a hub without going into edit mode- Unless I've misunderstood what you're asking, which, looking at the previous answers, I think I might have.

1. Christy Kirwan profile image
          Christy Kirwanposted 24 months ago in reply to this

No, you are absolutely right, thank you chasmac. I forgot the word count was visible there, though Hubbers must be signed-in to view those stats.

2. Glimmer Twin Fan profile image96
          Glimmer Twin Fanposted 24 months ago in reply to this

Thanks chasmac and everyone else.  That is exactly what I was looking for!  Just doing a lot of hub maintenance and that saves me a bit of time.  Thanks again!

3. Paul Edmondson profile image
        Paul Edmondsonposted 24 months ago in reply to this

You have to go into edit mode on HubPages to see word count, but there are a number or services online that will show word count of a page by feeding it a url.

4. Engelta profile image43
        Engeltaposted 24 months ago in reply to this

Pass it on Word.. Another way is to click your hub link, then click on STATS. You will find anything there, from the number of words to the page views and their sources..

2. The Examiner-1 profile image83
      The Examiner-1posted 24 months ago

Open the Hub (normally), go above it and click 'stats'. To the right you see 'Hub Metrics', click this and at the top it shows "Word Count ----". This is your amount of words in that Hub.

3. Marcy Goodfleisch profile image93
      Marcy Goodfleischposted 24 months ago

Thanks for asking this question, Glimmer Twin - I was wondering the same thing.  Actually, if there's ever a request for 'magic wand' improvements, it would be great to be able to see the word count on our Accounts Page - this would give us a quick way to spot hubs that could use some additional content, without clicking back & forth to the actual hub.  For those who have hundreds of hubs, that would be a blessing!

working