jump to last post 1-7 of 7 discussions (12 posts)

Hub unpublished due to duplicate content

1. eirevet profile image89
    eirevetposted 19 months ago

Hi all, I have just had my first experience of having a hub unpublished, and have been given a duplicate content notification. It's a hub I was very happy with, as the structure and content came very naturally, and was genuinely written entirely out of my own head. I find the duplicate content message unhelpful, as I have no idea what passage of the hub the alert refers to, and I am loathe to start dipping in and out of the entire page changing this and that in case I end up being sanctioned for repeatedly submitting duplicate content. Does anyone else have experience of what to do in this situation? Should I just scrap the hub, or is Hubpages support likely to be able to point me towards the content in question if I contact them? Thanks for your help.

1. relache profile image87
      relacheposted 19 months ago in reply to this

Emailing the admin team will get you more info, but the first thing to check is if you quoted anything.  People seem to have most duplications problems due to quotes in their articles, or republishing something they published elsewhere on the Internet first.

1. eirevet profile image89
        eirevetposted 19 months ago in reply to this

Thanks for that, no quotes anywhere, and it's an original article (or so I thought!). Interestingly, it's also got the highest hubscore of any of my pages- not much use while it's offline I guess. I'll try emailing the admin team as you suggested.

2. Matthew Meyer profile image76
      Matthew Meyerposted 19 months ago in reply to this

This forum has a related update.

2. SmartAndFun profile image92
    SmartAndFunposted 19 months ago

Check out this forum thread: http://hubpages.com/forum/topic/129636

There is a site that is copying hubs before they pass the QAP, so that when the original is finally published, it appears to be a duplicate. The thief is stealing new articles so quickly that he/she is getting them on the web before the original article appears on the web.

1. ZWBDC profile image60
      ZWBDCposted 9 months ago in reply to this

yes i have found this to be true

3. LindaSmith1 profile image60
    LindaSmith1posted 19 months ago

This thief must know how HP works, I bet they are watching the news feed, hitting the hopper.  I wonder how many accounts are here that have no information, no photo, no profile whatsoever?  These are your spammers and stealers.

4. eirevet profile image89

Yes!- I had this experience with another new hub a few days ago. I contacted the site that had posted my content (and gotten it indexed-grrrrr) and requested they remove it, which they did, but I did wonder whether this had happened with this newer hub, although I can't find it in Google.

5. eirevet profile image89

I've just found it- 2uidea . com has it.

6. ZWBDC profile image60
    ZWBDCposted 9 months ago

i was trying out hubpages but must admit i am very disappointed not only are my articles and titles duplicated before being submitted but the functions are missing

7. Margie Lynn profile image85
    Margie Lynnposted 5 months ago

I had a post on another website, thought it had been taken down, other people have reposted to their blog, when I search it show it still posted, I do not know what to do with my hub? Any suggestions. Tried to get goggle to remove link put says it has to be taken off site first!

1. Anna Marie Bowman profile image92
      Anna Marie Bowmanposted 5 months ago in reply to this

Google won't de-index it until it has been removed first.  Try contacting the site administrator to have them remove it, or if it is a blog, they may have a site host, and you might be able to contact them.