jump to last post 1-1 of 1 discussions (4 posts)

How To Turn HubPages Email Notifcations Back On About My Hubs?

1. colorfulone profile image89
    colorfuloneposted 19 months ago

I had turned off all email notifications from HubPages sometime ago.
    Now, I would like to turn on notifications about my hubs only.
    Today I got my first defeatured hub (yay:)!
    I would like to know why it was defeatured for Quality.
    Do email notifications have that information available?

I do not see the option I am looking for in Notification Settings.

1. Matthew Meyer profile image78
      Matthew Meyerposted 19 months ago in reply to this

Notifications are not designed to let you know about your own Hubs, beyond the notification when someone adds a comment.
      If it is important to be notified of your Hubs, you can create another account just for notifications and use a different email address and follow your main account.

1. colorfulone profile image89
        colorfuloneposted 19 months ago in reply to this

Thank you for explaining that, Matt.

I have removed two products from the 1026 word hub and will see if that makes a difference. Its score is 84 but hasn't had any Google love for awhile, so that may be why it is defeatured.

2. Writer Fox profile image81
      Writer Foxposted 19 months ago in reply to this

1. Go to your Profile at click on 'Edit Profile' in the grey box, top right.
      2. On the next screen, click on 'Notification Settings' on the second line of the top menu bar.
      3. Answer the security question.
      4. On the next screen, choose the notifications you want and then click the 'Save' button on the bottom of the page.

I don't think you get a notification when a Hub is unfeatured.  That information does show on your accounts page with the different icons under the 'Featured' column at the far right.

To find out why a Hub is unfeatured for quality, send an email: team at hubpages dot com