jump to last post 1-1 of 1 discussions (7 posts)

HTML in Callout Capsule

1. Richard-H profile image86
    Richard-Hposted 21 months ago

At one time the Callout capsule accepted HTML coding.

Having just updated said capsule on a Hub, it now appears to no longer work. Is this a bug or an intentional decision by HP?

Thanks!

1. Matthew Meyer profile image77
      Matthew Meyerposted 21 months ago in reply to this

The Callout capsule did not exist on HubPages prior to Squidoo content being transferred. We added support for this capsule for all Hubs. It does not support entering HTML and this was by design.

If you would like to suggest a feature be added for this capsule, you can do so here.
      http://hubpages.com/forum/category/6634

Richard-Hposted 21 months ago in reply to this

Okay, thanks! smile

I must have had the HTML grandfathered in when my articles from Squidoo transferred over. I have several which contain live links (and I've noticed other Hubs such as the Military Diet one which has its text enlarged through the use of the h2 tag).

It seems when you edit the capsule the HTML is stripped away hmm

1. Matthew Meyer profile image77
          Matthew Meyerposted 21 months ago in reply to this

Yes, there are some formatting from Squidoo that did come over in a  close to the original. We made some decisions about what feature of callouts to use. Some other capsules do support HTML to a limited extent, but most tags are stripped when saved.

Added: Here is a bit more about that capsule in the Learning Center as well.
          http://hubpages.com/learningcenter/usin … d_36672947

2. ezhang profile image
          ezhangposted 21 months ago in reply to this

It should also be noted that the <h2> tag you noticed in the Military Diet Hub can be accomplished without inserting any HTML. All you simply need to do is create a new Callout capsule, and fill in the "Capsule Subtitle" field (and leave the Text portion blank). smile

Richard-Hposted 21 months ago in reply to this

That's very helpful. Thank you! smile

1. ezhang profile image
              ezhangposted 21 months ago in reply to this

No problem! We added support for this particular feature in order to closely mimic the Squidoo callout capsule the best we could. big_smile

working