jump to last post 1-1 of 1 discussions (9 posts)

Changing the picture facebook shows

1. CatherineGiordano profile image90
    CatherineGiordanoposted 21 months ago

When I change the first photo of my hub, and then post the hub to facebook, the original photo shows in the facebook post, even tho I have deleted that original photo. Is there a way to get the new photo to show?

If I paste the new picture into facebook, the picture no longer serves as a link. A reader has to click the link that I insert into the post to get to the hub.

1. Nancy Hardin profile image61
      Nancy Hardinposted 21 months ago in reply to this

CatherineGiordano, when you post to FB and don't get the photo you want, simply delete the post and re-post, only this time put in the photo you want from your saved ones on your computer. Use the camera icon in the right hand corner to do that. The photo will come up a bit larger than a normal post, but it's still better than having the wrong photo with the article.

CatherineGiordanoposted 21 months ago in reply to this

Yes, I do that sometimes and that works fine except clicking the photo doesn't get you to the hub.

Facebook often cuts off part of the picture. This is mostly a problem when it cuts text. 

I don't understand why facebook continues to show a picture that has been deleted. If I understood maybe I could figure out a work-around.

HP wants square photos, fb wants rectangular photos. I'm trying to design photos that work for both.

I usually have text on my first photo in a hub.  To make sure it shows on the square thumbnails photos HP uses in the profile, I keep the text in the center.  I can redo the picture until I get it right. I try to position the text in the first place for facebook, but there is no way to test it. Even if I replace the picture, facebook uses the original deleted photo.  Facebbok likes pictures rectangular so I'm trying to use that shape with the text centered. It is hard to serve two masters.  Google+ doesn't give me any problems.

2. brakel2 profile image87
      brakel2posted 21 months ago in reply to this

It takes forever to get it right. I keep reposting or waiting a little while and then reposting. It is a pain.

3. colorfulone profile image86
      colorfuloneposted 21 months ago in reply to this

I know Facebook is fussy like that. You could try the Facebook debug tool to post, maybe that will help. I haven't tried it in this instance, so do not know if it will work or not.  --- https://developers.facebook.com/tools/debug/

4. Christy Kirwan profile image
      Christy Kirwanposted 21 months ago in reply to this

Hi Catherine,

It's fairly common to run into caching issues with posting Hubs to Facebook. Many other Hubbers have been able to correct the issue using colorfulone's suggestion. Best of luck!

It worked. I put the url for the hub into the form and the new picture showed in facebook.  Thanks colorfulone and Christy Kirwan. Now I can fix the pictures that are not showing up well in facebook and promote the hubs on facebook much easier.

1. colorfulone profile image86
          colorfuloneposted 21 months ago in reply to this

Glad to know it works for that bugger of bug as well.
          Cheers!

working