jump to last post 1-2 of 2 discussions (5 posts)

Sunday Earnings Down 26%

1. Easy Exercise profile image88
    Easy Exerciseposted 18 months ago

OK, I know it is pennies, but every penny counts and my "earnings" on Sunday are down 26%. This is based on each Sunday recently. Then to review more thorough I pulled 2014 for the same month and it was still 26% down! Yes, I took 2014 as a baseline and compared Sunday to Sunday earnings dropped a whopping 26%.

What gives?

1. janshares profile image87
      jansharesposted 18 months ago in reply to this

I think it's the season and time of year; beautiful weather, Spring break, less searching going on, etc. On the church calendar, yesterday (the first Sunday after Easter) is known as low Sunday. I bet it translates into everything being slow and laid back, even online shopping.

2. relache profile image87
      relacheposted 18 months ago in reply to this

Doing accurate statistical analysis requires a lot of data.  Just having two dollar figures isn't very useful because they actually are the end results.  You need every single other fact about all your web traffic on those two days to try and figure out how reality worked to produce those two different end results.

If the weather was nicer on this day versus last year, more people might have just not been outside instead of on the Internet, but to prove that genuinely takes a lot of stats.  If the economy is weaker this year, that could do it too.  But how you'll ever prove if those factors were at play, or anything else, requires that actions and effects be studied.  Not just dollars.

2. Engelta profile image82
    Engeltaposted 18 months ago

Usually it is the season, but it also is maybe because Sunday is kind of a holiday and people like to go out, do stuff, instead of reading articles on the internet.

1. sallybea profile image96
      sallybeaposted 18 months ago in reply to this

Seems strange to me, stats are way up and yet earnings are at their lowest.  Very disconcerting and disappointing.